Off topic

Thread for off topic stuff

Character thread request for Yannis

Tradition thread request for Merinitae Exsules

Moved here: Tradition: Merinitae Exsules

seems I need to give you permission to open threads or something. I have no idea on how to do that. U will try to search for it in the next days

Please make a character thread for Onfroi

Since OneShot was worried about my volume of Tainted stuff, I figured I'd quote Plot_Device's post from the PbP Discussion. Originally I was planning to play a Sahir to figure out how they work. To keep along the same lines, I switched to a Summoner with an agreement that Commanding and Binding could be Tainted rather than necessarily Infernal, like Summoning can be. Normally Summoning is the only one that need not be Infernal. I'm good either way. Did anyone have thoughts on Plot_Device's post above? Worries about my three Tainted Major Virtues?

I really do not see the problems with Sihr. They're relatively equivalent to other hedge traditions.

Summoning is easily moved to the Magic realm without taint, but the other three Ars Goetica do have infernal leanings. Perhaps you can replace some or all of them with Mystery Virtues like Spell-Binding and Hermetic Empowerment.

Guys, I really do need your input on the Merintae Exsules. This will determine if I use the tradition or become a variant Gruagachan.

I am reading you but until Thursday or so (maybe a little bit sooner) I am out of the loop because of work and some Spanish family holidays (Monday)

1 Like

It's really surprising to me that nobody opted to take Ars Fabulosa.

@OneShot There is no "clearly out from the beginning". There is nothing wrong with a TC&TC Sahir being in this saga based on power level.

There is from 5 days ago:

A TC&TC Sahir is clearly not a hedge magician.

Anything that's not the Order of Hermes is a Hedge Magician by definition.

Certainly not! Look at Rival Magic! The TC&TC Sahir is in that category.

We do not need to discuss here the definitions of an Order that no longer exists in this saga. Whether a character type is a hedge magician is best checked by comparing it with the traditions from HMRE. Xavi would have done that, I reckon.

Exactly my point; TC&TC Sahir is very much on par with HMRE traditions. It's not in Rival Magic, and even if it was, Rival Magic traditions, such as Augustan Brotherhood. have expressly been permitted for this game.

I wouldn't agree.

The important point is that someone was prevented from playing what they wanted by a baseless mis-characterization of the TC&TC Sahir power level. Since this is a troupe game, you need to defend that.

Reviewing the sahir rules tonight. Will come back to you about this all.

Aha! I might have come up with a good idea as to why my character was never recruited by a hedge tradition; Suppresed Gift

Failed Apprentice Social Status
Suppresed Gift Flaw

Very interesting!

This begs the question, of which tradition or master he is a Failed Apprentice. And that could establish special relations with some other characters.