Official FAQ/Errata????

A number of archetypes have the Rich wealth level that don't really make a lot of sense with it.

The Gene Freak should be Poor or Working Stiff. I can't imagine someone like that having a whole lot of money in the bank account, especially considering the risks they face using their powers in places where magic and weird powers are frowned upon (such as the Ascended-controlled Past and Present junctures).
The Karate Cop should be Working Stiff. Aside from it being the wealth level of the original FS1 archetype, rich doesn't really work for a lot of cops unless they already come from money (like Mike Lowry from Bad Boys).
The Martial Artist should be Poor or Working Stiff. The archetype from FS1 was Poor, and the text for the archetype even talks about humble jobs, which a rich guy is not likely to be doing. A Rich martial artist is more likely to be someone like a movie star or a high-grossing tournament fighter than someone like a Shaolin monk.
The Old Master should be Poor or Working Stiff. Same reasons as with the Martial Artist, though the Old Master and the Sifu are usually both in the business of teaching others, which could make them some money.

I don't know where you're getting a lot of these stats. In my PDF of the rules, Karate Cop is Working Stiff, and Martial Artist and Old Master are both Poor.