Old memories (Antonius Laboratory)

My reasonning behing the negatively explosing 10s, was that only having exploding 1s would skew the average, so in this context, I thought that botches would be modelized by exploding 10s, so that the average would still be 5.

Edit: Since Gallery did not take the fall, I will install a lesser feature (bas relief will all the Founders in center asp).

Int 3 + Finesse 7 + Puissant Finesse 2 + 4 IOQ Workglove +3 familiarity -3 rego craft -6 season+ 2 x 3 confidence points+ 4 die roll = 20

Description: The bas relief is intentionnaly designed to be similar to representations of the Last Supper, with thirteen characters gathered around a table. Upon closer inspection, one will be able to distinguish the twelve founders of the Order of Hermes, and in the center of the bas-relief,a character with an aureola, Jesus. On the table in front of him will lay an openned book, covered with the symbols of each of the magical arts, and the index of right hand will point upward.

Symbolism: This is Antonius' representation of the First Tribunal, and a remainder that the Gift comes from God, and should not be used in a sinful way.

It still takes 2 seasons to set up a base lab, which at earliest would be summer and fall, so this would have to be the winter activity.

Okay, the outdoor portable labs (actually did not use a tent) can be transferred in this way, so disregard the previous, the bas relief is added.

what will the stats of the lesser feature be ?

We wouldn;'t have a lab text for Ambulatory Laboratory would we?

no, we do not, nor is it in Antonius starting spells.
However it did remind me that the outdoor labs are portable and designed to be set up quickly as part of their mobile virtue, so what he has done is take a mobile lab and set it up inside his own lab space permanently, and sacrificing the free virtue of mobile along with outdoors and natural environment.
until you have your lab filled out do you want the empty space to be reflected with upkeep or poor health?
The stats for the wall are based on art, you replicated it with magic, so it will have only the standard bonuses- +1 aesthetics and +1 vim.
I'm going to throw in spacious as a virtue until you use the space- it makes sense in that it reduces the problems from empty as well as taking up some of the empty space...

It is not in my starting spells, but I reached 60, so I was able to spontaneously cast it.

I was under the impression that this would get the craft bonus. If it is purely based on art, then could it be possible to make it a large stone altar, with the bas relief inscribed on it ? Would that qualify for craft ?

With a craft total of 20, it shoud be excellent +2, giving +1 aesthetics and + 3 vim ?

An alter would also be art based. To be craft based it has to have a practical use.

An altar is designed to be used on an everyday basis. At it's core, it is a simple table on which are placed the ritual elements of worship. Most altars also combine storage for those same items. At it's heart it is a work table much like that of a craftsman, with the product crafted being ritual worship. Since it is a feature of the lab, it would be used by Antonius for both purposes.

Would this count as a practical use versus a decorative object?

a Cathedral is specifically listed as being arts over crafts, I would have to say an alter will go the same way.

In addition to A&A page 124, it is also listed in C&G on page 68 as a standard quality item that can be 1/50 built in a single season. Given how much the rules contradict each other I would understand if you wish to rule one way or another, but could this be an example of something that could be made either way?

Ok, I think an altar might be consider decoration.

What about this ?

A massive slab of limestone (monolith) with all the magical art symbols carved on its side, that will serve a lab table. The bas-relief will be added like originally in the central aspe, but wont be actually be a feature.

Or do you mean that by thing used in craft, you mean something that is practical to a craft like a forge or like you said, a pallet. I would argue that a lab table would qualify. In the end, a +2 is significan but not something to argue over it. If the monolith doesn't qualify for the +3, then I will settle for +1, but I won't spend confidence to raise the craft total, if it doesn't apply.

A table would be practical and a craft item, and would get the bonuses listed for desk: texts or In.

ill go with lesser expansion after all. Would you allow for well insulated to have been built at the same time as the temple?

The current lab (in winter) would be on the first post.

Yes, well insulated can be built with the initial lab.