Old Posts

Will we be getting any of the old posts?

We had some interesting threads in there...

Our current plan is that we'll keep the Delphi forum open read-only for the time being, so people can look at the archives there. I don't know that there's any easy way to archive it or transfer it here, though.

There only seem to be 760 threads. I suppose it should be possible to pull them in with something like wget and then write a script (e.g. in Perl) to scrub them.

I don't know how importing them into phpBB would work especially regarding attribution.

Keeping them as a bunch of HTML pages shouldn't be too difficult, but the benefits over keeping them on Delphi would be minor - an issue of control over the archives' hosting, mostly.

While that's way beyond my personal technical knowledge, it (having them archived as simple HTML pages) sure sounds like it would be a good thing to do.

Did anything more come of this? Will we be able to search the old posts?

One of our loyal forums-goers actually pulled everything out of Delphi for me in HTML. Unfortunately, it doesn't want to play nice with the CSS we use for our website. Until I can get my sister the web developer to come up from Madison and take a look at it, I'm afraid we're going to be stuck using Delphi as our archive.

Fair enough. Thanks. :slight_smile:

If you give me some guidelines, I'm willing to try to make it fit better. I had just tried for a reasonable layout.

It's up now! See Atlas Games Delphi Forum ARCHIVE

2 Likes