Onesiphorus Ex Verditius

Like to protect your sanctum?

Or someone else’s, Verditi master craft is always for sale. The idea where say a wooden figurine with some InFo spell that detects if something go missing from a chamber and if so releases a spell that is stored in the container. I am thinking about to shape Onesiphorus crafting so that he has built some reputation of being a crafter of locks, traps and other things that are used to guard sanctums and other valuable locations. Such as wooden chest that are charged items with a trigger action that is when they are damaged and so on.

Not off the top of my head. Like I said nothing stood out.

Yeah, I think things along those lines are fine. Are you planning to take commissions or make them on spec and try and sell them?

His first year is about building a studio with lots of items. They are available for sale but first he intends to forge enough items to make a good show to any visitors. He will look for commissions later but now there is a studio that needs to be filled. In due time he will look for some competition to enter to show off his skills and creativity. I will post some items now and then.

This is almost the same thing, using mostly the same guidelines and reasonning.

IMO, if following the restrictions I wanted for me, it's fine, but, well, I think it's not very logical or consistent to allow:

• Store a spell released through a linked trigger, even when you're away
    And not to allow:
  • Store a spell released by a command word, which needs someone to speak it
    or worse
  • Store a spell released by a second spell, that needs to be activated by someone who knows the trigger (which, IIRC, was my final draft)

Especially since the 2nd kind of effect can very well be done using the same mechanics as the first (Say, InIm to detect a command word that triggers the release of a teleport spell on you).

If following the restrictions I wanted for myself (which mostly go out of their way to explain the existence of watching ward), I think this kind of effects if fine, so I'm not saying "don't allow this", but I must say I feel a little disheartened, since this was something I wanted very much to be able to do, only more restricted :frowning:

Actually, I was understanding this to be an effect invested into the device. If it's to allow for a customized effect to be stored into a device at a later time, then no, I'm not on board with that.

An idea for an item. A wooden thingamajig that creates a intangible tunnel to a target and display this tunnel as a vortex so that anyone who see it can cast spells through. I am thinking Re(Cr)Vi(Im) so intangible tunnel + 2 magnitudes (and requisites) for an improved effect. Is this ok? Also if I add a MuVi effect do I need to give it penetration so that the original spell can penetrate?

Looks like the device is Opening the Intangible Tunnel (p. 162 of the mrb), with an InIm effect triggered by the Tunnel spell. Base 1, +4 for AC range, +1 Concentration, +2 for T: Room? So the InIm would be level 20, plus the modifiers for concentration and uses and what not.

I don't see anything inherently wrong with what is proposed, but a more full formed device is necessary. The target must be an an AC, of course, and since they were once a part of each other, that could be problematic.

I've been going through my books, and while I do not have Magi of Hermes yet, which seems to have the most examples of enchantments anywhere, I have seen very few AC-range enchantments.

I was more thinking about a box (or something) where you place an arcane connection (and between uses you can change this item to target a new target) and then trigger the device and it creates an intangible tunnel to the target of the spell. The CrIm component is just so that anyone can see the tunnel from the casters end without having to cast an InVi spell.

From your description, this appears to be nothing more than Opening the Intangible tunnel, with cosmetic effects, so no, there isn't a problem with it. My understanding of devices that target at Range:AC is that the user must have the AC, it doesn't have to stay within the device, although it could if it's something that maintains concentration, and the user goes away from the device, leaving the effect ongoing.