OOC: Adventures

Please see 4 posts below for Miklos. Just do as the Magi tell him.

For 1.1. Maia is trying to figure out how to give the slip to these beasts. As she is not that smart, she has to rely on Aesop's fables. IonianD, you mentioned "towering poplars". How tall, thick, low branches? Was looking at some Voidomatis photos, and the trees don't look that massive. If someone were to climb one, would the wolves be able to reach that person, either because the trunk is too flexible or because of many low branches?
•Is this the Voidomatis Springs rock you mentioned?

[tab][/tab] That rock is the one of Agstromeni springs (the northern springs) as seen here from above. Your party is between the two springs, looking for a place to ford.

[tab][/tab] In general, trees closest to the water's edge are of low height in that area. That glade is an exception, it has quite some large trees. The poplars here are black poplars, meaning they go straight up like cypresses, with branches in an angle and not going to the sides. The sycamores on the other hand are towering, with low and high branches, easy to climb. Theoretically if you would climb up, the wolfs would not reach you. How you are going to move the horses up there is another matter.
[tab][/tab] Frankly I got no idea what Maia is actually trying to do, besides talk :wink:

For 1.3b, Scylax had rolled a possible botch on a Spont casting. He rolled 1 botch dice (no botch), but I left the question if I should roll more to the SG, IonianD.

For 1.1, Maia is trying to get the best of the Forest Lord, without sacrificing even one member of the group, obviously, as it seems capable of slaughtering them all by himself...but I am unsure how to accomplish that. And it has already sworn a terrible oath against them! :cry: Let me ask you, the telonia fled very quickly, right, when the wolves howled? Doesn't look like they had the time or interest to pick up the fallen mule, maybe?

1.3b Eh... I did answer.

Keep going please.

1.1 Tough. You got to figure things on your own :smiley: Yes, the Telonia fled in a hurry, most of them into the cliffs. Presumably they left the mule carcass back there. Need to move things up. What are the other people doing?

1.3 From the two options I see we have a third suggested. Your party can:
[tab][/tab]- Go to Ioannina and meet with the antique dealer to learn more
[tab][/tab]- Go to the Eastern Tomb and poke around
[tab][/tab]- Go back to the previous tomb and poke around some more
[tab][/tab]- Meet the new noble at his castle
[tab][/tab]- All or none of the above, even split up.

Please advise what you are going to do here.

Pavo has no intention of going to Ioannina to speak to an antique dealer or of going back to the previous tomb. As per my post, he doesn't feel he can bring anything to investigating the Eastern tomb, even though it may be worth doing. He is up for meeting the new noble at his castle.

A pity Prometheus has not yet arrived...

Aristocles would like to meet the antiques dealer but will need un-gifted support for any negotiations that come about.

[tab][/tab] Need the two magi's reaction to arriving to Delos. Then I'll post what you can actually do there.

[tab][/tab] So far I see splitting. Recaping:
-[tab][/tab]Aristocles will go to Ioannina but needs mundane help with negotiating and stuff.
-[tab][/tab]Pavo is up for meeting the Noble. Maia will tag along or follow the/a group going for the tomb.

Still need Raven and Sir Georgios.

1.3b
[tab][/tab] Still need what people are doing.

Havent heard from people on 1.2, 1.3 for some time. 1.1 I guess it was left on Maia to complete the bargaining. 1.3b Scylax had his moment with an invisible fish, what are the rest doing?

Sorry about the delay. :blush: Will try and answer for Wandering Isles tomorrow.

Update

[tab][/tab] Well its summer, so these things happen. Seems Ioke is awol, so I'll plod on. Sir Georgios in 1.1 seems to be silently getting ready for a fight, while in 1.3 will be later added in one of the two groups (his choice). As for Arni in 1.3b, you will have to move on without his counsel for now...

[tab][/tab] Waiting for actions from Maia and Miklos.
1.3b
[tab][/tab] So...what is the group doing? >_<

1.3b - the grogs and companions are waiting for the magi to make a decision. We're at a point at which the crawling down tunnels gets extremely difficult, the water seems to have something biting in it, and we need to know what the magi want to do here, and if they want to intervene magically.

For 1.1 Welp!! How did the Wolf know, Maia never said anything about dead meat... Oh well, she's about to become dead meat herself. Hmm, maybe we should just not cross the glade and retreat a bit?

For 1.3b, declared Scylax's action, was waiting to see if Arni would fly and scout the opening, see if it was worth it to go on. Scylax wishes to stay the night in the cave, see if anything strange develops, as these invisible magic-eating carps must feed on something in the periods foolish Magi do not dunk their head in their pool! However, if there's not enough light, we would have to turn back. (Depends on Arni who has decent Creo; Scylax, not so much.) and on the supplies carried by Miklos/Alexios/the grog.,

1.3b
[tab][/tab] Arni (Ioke) hasn't responded since mid July. So thats why I am saying for now move without his input. Seems the two grogs are waiting for what Scylax wants them to do....

[tab][/tab] Just popped in hopping to do some stuff, nothing much happened :S. I'll wait a couple of days, probably plod on Sunday at late. Specifically:

[tab][/tab] Still no response from Maia

[tab][/tab] Oh this one is feisty! I am gonna love the chat Anastaj will have with Aristocles. Just need what Scylax wants to do and I'll post replies for all three.

[tab][/tab] Need response for group 1, group 2 is ready.

1.3b
[tab][/tab] Still mired :S

1.2 hehehe - Proud and Hubris to the fore

Well Maia is a bit stumped, all her deceit proved for naught and with loke missing, is ser Georgios doing something? She desperately wants to consult him, he may be getting ready to fight, but she cannot imagine he is the equal of the giant Wolf and his pack.

How high is Miklos, and how much higher could he potentially climb? At least in Maia's recollection, wolves were ineffectual climbers. Although this one might be of the huff and puff variety... :frowning:

[tab][/tab] Can't help you with sir Georgios, Ioke is awol, you need to do without him for the moment :S . Miklos is as high and concealed as he can get. Wolves cannot climb at all ( they don't have claws and their paws are downward facing, and cannot grasp). Miklos is way above even jumping distance.

[tab][/tab] Sorry had some stuff to do, will start moving plots on tomorrow. 1.1 Things go bumping though has ground to a halt. Why? Keep posting people!