OOC: Adventures

I don't think it can work. Hmm, with Cr(Re)Au you should be able to create breathable air continuously in your immediate vicinity.

The bigger problem I see is that this does not keep water out of the bubble, i.e., breathing might still be impossible. If you could create a scuba-like mask that keeps water out from the face, then with just Creo Auram this would be feasible.

Otherwise, I'd think you'd have to create a small and powerful tornado to be able to push shallow water away from you, and that would create other problems!

Another related problem is visibility, I think, as creating a continuous supply of air would create lots of bubble/turbulence. Which you could see through with a InAu spont, right? So not as big a deal.

My personal mistral Cr(Re)Au 5 Base 1, +1 Touch, + 1 Diameter, +2 Unnatural, creates a constant breeze just around the target.

Water, water, everywhere but here ReAq 10: Base 5 R:P, D: Diameter + 1, T:Ind

Let's not forget Clear Sight of the Naiad InAq 5, InAq10 for D: Diam.

and True Sight of the Air InAu 15.

Unfortunately Scylax is weak with Aquam. He could spont to destroy the flow of water into the cave and then spont to destroy the liquid, but this would require some good rolls, punctuated by fatigue recovery, and the possible destruction of the cave's resources, which he is very unwilling to even contemplate

Much easier is to gain a fish's gills, right? Not sure about the medieval beliefs around that one, but based on Eyes of the Cat, MuCo(An) Base 3 + R:P+ 2 Sun Duration, req. free ...of course, this might leave one unable to breathe except underwater! Scylax could spont this one reasonably well. But it also might be higher in level than I give it credit for.

[tab][/tab] I think we are waiting for Maia to talk to the Wolf?

[tab][/tab] Should I continue and converse with Scylax? Should I move the story on?

[tab][/tab] I will wait for the decision of the party on what to do.

Oh! I was waiting to see if Miklos might do something or pass! Will post tonight Maia's next response.

I am ok with moving the story along with some sort of response from Annastaj. I know QPAC is traveling, so not sure if you are waiting on Ioannes's input?

Maia may technically be a Magus, but she knows that when Aristocles says "sodales" he does not include her. Now she's curious to see what's in the mound, but without the Terram expert's aid, there's little point in continuing. She probably does not have the money to hire a crew to dig. Is the strange dove still hovering nearby, and if so what is its outward demeanor? Does it give any indication that it is aware she is staring at it?
(ST EDIT) I have no idea what you are talking about :open_mouth:

I'm back! Posts! I'm ready to move on in 1.2. I 1.3 I think we're deciding if we're gonna try to hide our work or if we're just gonna pat ourselves on the back and call it a day. Raven votes for leaving.

BTW. I am travelling with very occasional and brief network access for another few weeks. I think I shall manage to post at least weekly on each adventure, but I had better not make promises. FYI.

1.3b
[tab][/tab] Ioke asked about a lightbeam? What lightbeam, am I missing something? O_o
[tab][/tab] Scylax cast a ward on the bait and rolled a 13. 10 is used for magnitude, leaving 3 for penetration plus 2 from Scylax Penetration, total of 5. Yet you number it as a 10, are you using x2 from arcane connection?
[tab][/tab] Haven't heard anything from Myklos and Alexios. The guard notes they have ropes not strings for fishing...also no hooks

•I think Arni tried to spont cast a spell that creates a moonbeam sort of illumination,and apparently failed

•Scylax created a ReVi 5 effect, +1 Touch, +2 Sun duration, +2 Magnitudes for Base = 5. Is this incorrect? I find spells under or up to 5 a bit confusing. 2 Magnitudes of protection would be up to 10 Might, or not?

•rope is fine, since these fish are extra big. Scylax isn't sure this will work, but it's something to try.

So for the buried adventure we're heading back to the covenant I think?

Yes. In the post Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:35 pm
He made two attempts on CrIg to create a beam of light; hoping to focus the light to reach as far as possible into the cave. (Not a moonbeam in the sense of the low-level core book spell.) He managed base 3 + touch + conc, but failed at his intention of making base 4. How effective this is is a judgement call. Personally, I would expect base 4 to be as effective as the headlights of a modern car reaching at least 100 m, since base 5 is direct sunlight. Base 3 will be very different from the lamp without flame type pebbles used before, but it may or may not be better. Ignes expected a more from it than I did, so I am waiting for SG judgement before I respond to Ignes' last post.

Em...am I missing something? didn't Arni fail those rolls? Hence no spells? Unless he has some virtue I am missing O_o (Looks at AM 81, spontaneous again)

Ahh, my mistake. I thought he had at least hit the minimum, and thus had produced some sort of illumination.

OK. Sorry. I phrased it badly. I assumed that it was treated like a so-called open-ended effect, but that should have been made explicit.

Before I start over. Do we have any inkling about how long we have been inside the cave?

Around four hours, so midmorning

Things left buried - Pavo wants to leave, and has stated so.

Perama caves - Alexios is waiting for the magi to finish doing what they're doing before the party moves on.

[tab][/tab] Waiting for Miklos or should I go ahead?

[tab][/tab] No one has any posts? Should I continue?

[tab][/tab] Assuming the magi want to leave the tomb intact, I will go on tomorrow

1.1 Please proceed, Miklos will just do as the Magi tell him.
1.2 please proceed
1.3 Aristocles will put the clay back as best he can then leave.

1.2 please proceed. I made a short reply, because I can't think of anything better. I probably should have posted it earlier.

1.3 Anna supports leaving, and she's not helping put clay back. :stuck_out_tongue:

How is the stead reacting? Does the knight have full control, or is it too frightened to behave predictably?

[tab][/tab] The warhorse is nervous, in an aggressive stance, pawing the ground and snorting. The knight easily handles it, its bred for conflict, probably ignores the wolf smell and thinks the big one is another battle horse. The second horse is in bad shape and trembling, resigned to its fate. Ii's in shock and if it wasn't not wounded, it would probably have panicked by now.
[tab][/tab] The guard is nervous, his knuckles white from the force he puts holding his spear. The two teamsters are holding each other up, regularly sending prayers to the one above....

Update
[tab][/tab] Sorry for not posting much, was kind of a hectic week. I will be doing the updates tomorrow.

No posts?
This will be three parts. I will be answering scylax question, detailing the sea trip and the city of Nauplio
No posts, except Maia's?
1.3b
We will be proceed with the cave exploration. Still missing Miklos.