OOC chat

Assuming we can have 3-4 copies of the Wizard's Vigil made in one season, we will have 4 Magi capable of casting it in two seasons.

Based on the chart we need 4 copies so we can have 5 reading it, but a Scribe of only 2 is enough for that with time to spare

Am not sure what the following are:

Set-beast
Horus-beast
Takafsa

So at this point, should I post for Tastheus in the investigations section? He is curious to find any enchanted items, Mercere portal etc.

Set-beast
Horus-beast
No clue about the last one. Or if I am even correct...

You can cast it ceremonially, and not suffer fatigue.

You

Excellent point, thank you! It takes about as long without rest, as well, and no botch die.

You invested in Artes Liberalles and Philosophiae, with a Ceremonial Casting specialty, might as well make use of it

1 Like

The set beast and Horus beast are both referenced in Lands of the Nile
The Takafsa is (to the degree that I can recreate my original search) a sort of African wild dog/hell hound/shadow hound type creature. Basically, it looks like a blurry black wild dog.

1 Like

I understand that the initial private message was sent so that not anyone would be able to access the link. Could we, for the rest of the ooc chat, start using this thread again?

1 Like

Hmm I am curious about this walnut tablet. I assume since Silas noticed it and could figure out the effect there is already a list of personality traits displayed on it? If so is something he could recognize as possibly his own on it? Or did he touch it and the item penetrated, only revealing his and for him alone? I am not trying to cheese my way out of investigating it properly in the lab. It just seems that Silas already found out a little, so I am just interested in how it happened.

Also curious about personality from the warping.

The tablet has no penetration, but he is able to locate the lab notes, and with it is a written list of personality traits, including angry, violent, and hubris, along with your current personality traits.

1 Like

@silveroak Are you ok with us drafting up a description of our labs/sancta based on the details we've uncovered so far? I'm thinking of this more as a writing exercise as a necessity but thought it might be fun to imagine them.

From what I gather, the magi of Al Kufra each have their own dwelling (building). In that building, the magus has his lab and living quarters. Those living quarters might include a bedroom, kitchen, sand other rooms like a studio or stall.

I'm also curious about the architectural style of the buildings. I would guess it's Moorish architecture (11th to 13th century). Possibly like here: NG: Moorish Architecture Perhaps more or less ornate depending on the magi. Or is it more rustic?

Again, not critical to the game but more curious and thinking about how the quarters and lab might look and feel.

It is mostly Moorish, except where it is French, and yes, feel free to write up the descriptions. Obviously, Lares house will be Moorish, Plasmetoris will be French, the others go with how you feel about your character.

Is it reasonable that "palatial" element of the lab would extend to the building itself? I'm thinking here of how Argentius may have adopted the Moorish styles with arches and more elaborate tiling/mosaic kind of work seen in some of the Moorish buildings of the period.

considering that one of the major benefits of palatial is that the health benefit offsets the penalty for vile surroundings that seems entirely reasonable,

It also seems to fit with the style/tone of the Verditius who likely want to have a more ostentatious display of their wealth or capability.

I don't think Argentius's sanctum has a studio, but it is fair to say that we all may (if we wish) have a room outside the lab proper where we can meet with our sodales and covenfolk?

Given the culture of the region it would likely be an outdoor area.

1 Like

@silveroak Does this mean we can only study during the first season, and then only get 2/3 of the experience? I.e. we can't do labwork such as learning the Aegis? I'm not sure how the rules for this go.

Page 165 for seasonal experience: Losing a month means losing a third of the xp from sources such as books. Distractions from Lab Work is page 103. If we lost a month, we cannot perform lab work at all. Which means either we get 2/3 of a book's experience this spring, or we get adventure experience.

1 Like