OOC chat

I suppose it depends on whether that qualifies as studying or labwork.

Well there is no Lab Total so I guess you have to use the rules for studying.

2 Likes

I know I need to post once a day, but I'm really unclear what Tastheus should be doing next.

Just offering a thought or two.

If I remember right, your guy was designed with combat/defense/intrigue in mind. I'm not sure anyone has investigated and understood Al Kufra's set up for defense beyond the Aegis. That could be an interesting line of inquiry. Or trying to understand your network of schemes and schemers. :slight_smile:

You might also investigate further into what role Tastheus was playing in the covenant. If I remember right, he was one of the three remaining founders. Might be interesting to figure out why? I know that's on my agenda for Argentius (though I have some suspicions forming already).

1 Like

Great suggestions, thank you!

I just have to say... congrats! You not only lost one lifetime of memories, you lost several! That's going to be fun to re-establish. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Poor Argentius. :slight_smile:

I'm trying to deliberately keep his interior voice out of the roleplaying posts to keep a little narrative distance and potential surprise for storytelling interest among characters. It's a personal choice but wanted to share so that he (and I as writer) don't come off stand-offish, distant, or rude. I think the potential stories here are really quite fun, and I'm especially looking forward to see how the interactions among the magi and covenfolk develop.

That said, I will share OOC that Argentius is going through something of a personal crisis as he discovers more and more about his future-self and the obsession that drove him. It's really interesting to imagine how a young magus would react, seeing the fruits of a century of ambition and purpose. Argentius isn't sure he is liking who he became and the cost of that ambition. His pride in being a founder is being tempered by realization of just what his future-self was doing at Al-Kufra.

Thank you, @silveroak , for setting this stage and taking it in the direction you have. I'm thoroughly enjoying what's developing here.

1 Like

It does sound like we're sliding on towards dinnertime and the second big meeting of the magi. Should I assume Plasmatoris doesn't find any new information on the other factions in the meantime?

1 Like

that would fit.

I'll handle my post during lunch, or after work if I can't. We can easily assume Plasmatoris got himself distracted.

When I do my post, can I assume that whichever scribe he assigned to make copies of his inhabitants list finished the copies, or should Work without?

The covenant has one scribe, one bookbinder and one illustrator and the scribe is in the running for arab representative, so he's been busy with other things.

2 Likes

OK then.

@silveroak Is there any mention in the old covenant charter about mundane governance? Is this system of Lares meeting with the language groups mentioned there, or was it just an inofficial thing?

It isn't in the charter. It might be in some old meeting notes somewhere, but so far you haven't found any other records that old.

@temprobe Okeannetis is female...

1 Like

@silveroak What's the plan with companions in this campaign?

It just dawned on me that we haven't gone down that path yet. Just wondering what you're thinking.

And no, I'm not putting dibs in to play Lares' wife. :slight_smile:

I think at this point if you have a character you want to turn into a companion that you generate and control run it by me, otherwise you will need to wait until enough is being done outside the covenant to potentially run into companion characters.

1 Like

At this point I didn't have any companion character ideas at all. @silveroak what is your opinion on PC companions - are they an actual agent of the same PC's magus, for another PC, ignore them, etc?

On another tack, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to post for Tastheus today.

Generally speaking a companion character should be someone who is designed to be played as an alternative to the magus. They could act on their behalf but they will not be someone who accompanies them- that being said they make accompany someone else's magus.

1 Like

@silveroak I think I need to get some clarification on the library and tome situation.

I've been thinking that we only had the one Vim Summae (L16Q15) and that it was being used in Spring by Okeannetis. I went back and looked at realize now that we have a second summae (L20Q11). And then the series of tractati.

I think I now realize why you were pointing this out in that thread. :slight_smile:

Argentius's goal was to not waste what's left of spring.

The Q14 tractatus should garner 9 xp (66% of 14 xp or 10xp if rounding up) which would take Vim from 0 to 3 this spring.

The L20Q11 summae would garner 7.26 xp (66% of 11) which also take Vim from 0 to 3 and not burn through the tractatus.

I think I'm now seeing your wisdom (and @temprobe's).

Would you be willing to let me retconn that Argentius is actually studying from L20Q11 and not the tractatus?

If not, I'm ok with the "school of hard knocks" lesson plan as well. :slight_smile:

Just realizing, I think, what you were trying to get me to see.

1 Like