OOC chat

It also seems to fit with the style/tone of the Verditius who likely want to have a more ostentatious display of their wealth or capability.

I don't think Argentius's sanctum has a studio, but it is fair to say that we all may (if we wish) have a room outside the lab proper where we can meet with our sodales and covenfolk?

Given the culture of the region it would likely be an outdoor area.

1 Like

@silveroak Does this mean we can only study during the first season, and then only get 2/3 of the experience? I.e. we can't do labwork such as learning the Aegis? I'm not sure how the rules for this go.

Page 165 for seasonal experience: Losing a month means losing a third of the xp from sources such as books. Distractions from Lab Work is page 103. If we lost a month, we cannot perform lab work at all. Which means either we get 2/3 of a book's experience this spring, or we get adventure experience.

1 Like

Great, thanks! I didn't come to think of the word "distraction", and consequently overlooked those bits.

We've been "awake" for less than 24 hours now in game?

Seems like we'll likely come to a plan within the next 3 - 4 days game time. I suspect for some of the magi, it would be reasonable for them to do some study in the short run.

With the language books we have in the library, someone could get 15 xp out of them which would get them to a score of 2 in that language. That's gets someone able to function at least in the language.

We likely also need to evaluate the learning plan for the Aegis. For example, I was planning for a full season 14 xp in Vim and then we learned Vigil. A 2/3rd would get me to 9.24 (66% or 9.38 at 67% :slight_smile: ). That would get me to 3 in Vim unless you round up. If it's round up, then Argentius could learn the Vigil in Summer.

Looks like we need to have Vigil learned by beginning of Winter. So could be learned in Summer or in Autumn.

I see a number of folks have it on the plan for Season 2 (Summer). Is there a specific reason for that or was that just assuming we needed it sooner rather than later?

the plan was for a scribe to make multiple copies of the Vigil during this season, so more than one magi could study the lab text. Of course, we yet have to arrange for said scribe, so whether we'll have enough copies next season is still TBD.

Initially, we didn't know whether we have more than 2 seasons. Nothing much has changed really, other than the fact that we have a 2/3 first season, after which we have the 2 we planned for.

I don't know if scribes can work during a 2/3 season, though. If not, then the vigil can only be learned in season 3

Well the same 2/3 penalty should apply to their work. They still should be able to copy some amount. Its 3 * 25 level we need right? A character can copy their Scribe score multiplied by 60 * 2/3 = 40. So a character with a score of 2 can make all the copies we need in the remaning time.

I suppose it depends on whether that qualifies as studying or labwork.

Well there is no Lab Total so I guess you have to use the rules for studying.

2 Likes

I know I need to post once a day, but I'm really unclear what Tastheus should be doing next.

Just offering a thought or two.

If I remember right, your guy was designed with combat/defense/intrigue in mind. I'm not sure anyone has investigated and understood Al Kufra's set up for defense beyond the Aegis. That could be an interesting line of inquiry. Or trying to understand your network of schemes and schemers. :slight_smile:

You might also investigate further into what role Tastheus was playing in the covenant. If I remember right, he was one of the three remaining founders. Might be interesting to figure out why? I know that's on my agenda for Argentius (though I have some suspicions forming already).

1 Like

Great suggestions, thank you!

I just have to say... congrats! You not only lost one lifetime of memories, you lost several! That's going to be fun to re-establish. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Poor Argentius. :slight_smile:

I'm trying to deliberately keep his interior voice out of the roleplaying posts to keep a little narrative distance and potential surprise for storytelling interest among characters. It's a personal choice but wanted to share so that he (and I as writer) don't come off stand-offish, distant, or rude. I think the potential stories here are really quite fun, and I'm especially looking forward to see how the interactions among the magi and covenfolk develop.

That said, I will share OOC that Argentius is going through something of a personal crisis as he discovers more and more about his future-self and the obsession that drove him. It's really interesting to imagine how a young magus would react, seeing the fruits of a century of ambition and purpose. Argentius isn't sure he is liking who he became and the cost of that ambition. His pride in being a founder is being tempered by realization of just what his future-self was doing at Al-Kufra.

Thank you, @silveroak , for setting this stage and taking it in the direction you have. I'm thoroughly enjoying what's developing here.

1 Like

It does sound like we're sliding on towards dinnertime and the second big meeting of the magi. Should I assume Plasmatoris doesn't find any new information on the other factions in the meantime?

1 Like

that would fit.

I'll handle my post during lunch, or after work if I can't. We can easily assume Plasmatoris got himself distracted.

When I do my post, can I assume that whichever scribe he assigned to make copies of his inhabitants list finished the copies, or should Work without?

The covenant has one scribe, one bookbinder and one illustrator and the scribe is in the running for arab representative, so he's been busy with other things.

2 Likes