OOC chat

OK then.

@silveroak Is there any mention in the old covenant charter about mundane governance? Is this system of Lares meeting with the language groups mentioned there, or was it just an inofficial thing?

It isn't in the charter. It might be in some old meeting notes somewhere, but so far you haven't found any other records that old.

@temprobe Okeannetis is female...

1 Like

@silveroak What's the plan with companions in this campaign?

It just dawned on me that we haven't gone down that path yet. Just wondering what you're thinking.

And no, I'm not putting dibs in to play Lares' wife. :slight_smile:

I think at this point if you have a character you want to turn into a companion that you generate and control run it by me, otherwise you will need to wait until enough is being done outside the covenant to potentially run into companion characters.

1 Like

At this point I didn't have any companion character ideas at all. @silveroak what is your opinion on PC companions - are they an actual agent of the same PC's magus, for another PC, ignore them, etc?

On another tack, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to post for Tastheus today.

Generally speaking a companion character should be someone who is designed to be played as an alternative to the magus. They could act on their behalf but they will not be someone who accompanies them- that being said they make accompany someone else's magus.

1 Like

@silveroak I think I need to get some clarification on the library and tome situation.

I've been thinking that we only had the one Vim Summae (L16Q15) and that it was being used in Spring by Okeannetis. I went back and looked at realize now that we have a second summae (L20Q11). And then the series of tractati.

I think I now realize why you were pointing this out in that thread. :slight_smile:

Argentius's goal was to not waste what's left of spring.

The Q14 tractatus should garner 9 xp (66% of 14 xp or 10xp if rounding up) which would take Vim from 0 to 3 this spring.

The L20Q11 summae would garner 7.26 xp (66% of 11) which also take Vim from 0 to 3 and not burn through the tractatus.

I think I'm now seeing your wisdom (and @temprobe's).

Would you be willing to let me retconn that Argentius is actually studying from L20Q11 and not the tractatus?

If not, I'm ok with the "school of hard knocks" lesson plan as well. :slight_smile:

Just realizing, I think, what you were trying to get me to see.

1 Like

@Bartomeus I'll have Lares get to Argentius soon enough, I just want to get things with Izri sorted out first to keep things simpler.

1 Like

All good. From a roleplaying perspective, I just wanted to put Argentius outside the lab in case anyone wants to have further conversations. No pressure or expectation at all.

I'm always happy to further the storylines through roleplay.

studying from the summae instead would be fine.

1 Like

Tastheus will spend the partial season studying the code of hermes.

Is it reasonable to think that some of the building architecture of Al Kufra has similarities to some of the architecture seen in some of these images of Mahgreb architecture from around the same era +/- a century or two?

Maghreb contributions to universal architecture | Atalayar - Las claves del mundo en tus manos

1 Like

I want to give an apology for my silence the last day or two - My dog ingested something he shouldn't have and I've been recovering from a nasty cold, so I let a bunch of things drop out of my attention. I'll be posting more actively now.

PS: My dog is okay now!

2 Likes

It would be in that style but not so grandiose.

glad your dog is doing better.

1 Like

Should Aetherius and I look at a separate thread for our little getting-to-know-you talk in the evening?

Go ahead and keep it there, I plan to start new threads for the morning but I need to see how the faerie cave adventure goes first, and see how much real time it takes.

What's the current thinking on the efficacy of water created with CrAq?

ArM 5e indicates it quenches thirst but provides no lasting benefit.

I'm thinking about an enchanted item that would help with survival in the desert and filling a vessel with water or creating a spring would be a natural, but if the water does no good, then that seems less than useful.

Thoughts?

Don't do it! A spell or item to find natural water nearby might be more helpful.

@silveroak, I haven't been sure what to post and been busy. I will be able to participate in "the morning" posts.