OOC chat

Yes @Heaven_s_Thunder_Ham That's the other direction. A finding water effect.

I'm also thinking that some means of slowing perspiration would be good.

A compass or directional effect.

A way to make a fire.

Possibly create a tent or structure to provide temporary shade.

Maybe I'll call it Ring of the Desert Walker.

What else would be handy?

1 Like

The best way to get water in a desert, and not risk dehydration, is using ReAq to transport water from a big oasis to a container, but that requires leaving an AC in the oasis, so it's counterpart, which is part of the container, can draw water from it.

In Magi of Hermes there's a magi that has all sorts of Desert Survival spells.

2 Likes

That moment when your local Ex Miscellanea starts thinking like a Tytalus.

3 Likes

we should consider adopting him to House Tytalus

1 Like

I'm going to say, I really enjoy how people relate differently to their past selves. Plasmatoris is treating it like an inheritance with baggage, and most others are looking at it as if it was their own lives.

3 Likes

I agree! Hats off to Silver for setting up such an interesting situation to roleplay within! And I suspect we're just at the beginning.

Yeah, the setup has something special.

1 Like

The setup is fine
I'm a but confused because I thought the dinner was done and had my PC leave.

Come out and chat! Lares and Argentius are in the breezeway that is the front of Argentius's sanctum or head to the fountain. If Lares is game, we may wander that way too.

2 Likes

@silveroak I just wanted to double-check my understanding, artistic endeavors take seasons of work, correct? I can't complete artwork by creating things during my downtime between reading and labwork, etc. It's been a while since I've gone through A&A.

Assuming it takes full seasons of work, I also want to make sure that I don't lose any quality or 'inspiration' when I take breaks from doing Artistry to do the less-important things such as being a magus.

It depends on what you make. for example A&A describes a season of work as making (base) 2 brass effigy plates, 2 short poems, 2 songs, or two broaches, while an ornate reliquary takes a year and a castle or church takes 1 year per size point, and a cathedral takes 10 years per size point. ( a tapestry, portrait, illuminated manuscript or stone relief take one season). Of course the higher the AQ of the piece the longer it takes as well, and you can use methos to reduce the time such as having assistants or by producing a lower quality piece of artwork.

Thanks for clarifying. I read through that section when I started the character, but now I'm actually finally thinking about seasonal activities and trying to decipher how it will progress.

I am going to have Plasmatoris pretty often making paintings, sketches, and so on, because he's often doing that sort of thing, but he won't really ever find the time to 'finish' any productions until he finally sits down for a whole season to make something.

Obviously, he never is going to LOWER the quality of his work to get it done faster - madness! Preposterous!

Sorry for the delay in posting, I had my fourth Covid vaccine, and have been suffering from some side effects.

1 Like

With apologies, I've been overwhelmed with work and haven't made time to post in the mornings or evenings lately. Not sure where to start...

No worries. Jump in on the Dinner thread if you want.

I think we're kind of in a holding pattern until the plot advances.

1 Like

The one adventure in faerie is of indeterminate length until completed because of the nature of faerie. Unfortunately that player does not seem to be posting regularly, which means I may need to simply decide that it will be a longer adventure from the mundane perspective and move on...

2 Likes

Yeah, that's the challenge of the format, I guess. You have the vision to the larger plotlines and not sure how far you want to advance things timeline-wise.

We're effectively 1 day in. :slight_smile:

But what a fun day it has been!

1 Like

As I posted yesterday, I had a rough few days due to the fourth Covid vaccine. Will post a reply in a few hours

I believe Argentius did that check, and hasn't reported it to everyone yet.

1 Like

Hey, we're new adults, getting wasted with alcohol is an important story plot.

1 Like