OOC Chatter 0.5 (1st Ressurection)

Schweet! Off to dig thru the Covenant Book then and see how many tweaks I can throw in...

And sort of better understanding the concept after skimming the threads, I guess I have a LOT of typing ahead of me this weekend... wow you guys can expound...

:laughing:

Edit: I am aware of the irony but I now understand the website you suggested for book-keeping, Obsidian portal. looks really good - and simple to use too!

Yeah, we can be a chatty lot, can't we?

~blink~ Do we have a new player?

Looks like it to me.

Whee!!!! Yay! I have been acknowledged by the SG, therefore, I exist and am NOT a figment of everyone's imagination!

~annoints you with pixels~ Go forth, and add to my world, my pretty!

(read: start a new thread with your character concept)

Luckily, the WetPaint wiki actually has that broken down for us...simply put them under "Christian inhabitants," "Islamic inhabitants," or "Jewish inhabitants."

Hmm...wonder if we should notate that for the magi, too? "Yeah, well...Cygna maybe a psychotic bitch, but dammit, she's our psychotic bitch!"

They're all fresh arrivals on the scene and the loyalty system from Covenants is pretty screwed up, but I could see us needing to track the civilians loyalty to individual magi. Companions, though....?

Great idea!

But for magi only. That's enough. They're the leaders, after all. I'll see what (if any) I can do.
For magi clearly aligned with one group, we can assume them to have a loyalty inferior by 1 for the 2 other groups, and superior by 1 for their group, or something like that.

If need be, companion can be assumed to have loyalty similar to the magus they're more closely associated, but that should'nt be necessary.

Isn't Arabic a native language for the southern quarter or third of the peninsula, in Al-Andalus, with Phoenix being right on the border between Al-Andalus and Castile?

Good point. I'll add it.

On that note, how do the Mulims feel about living in a town that primarily produces wine for income?

According to my Muslim (real life and actual) brother , Muslims won't care unless you sell/give the stuff to Muslims.

So....the Muslims are definitely not involved in any part of the legendarily-wealthy wine trade here in Cijara?

I don't know what happened historically , but you don't need to use items to trade in them , especially if wealth is to be had.
There is no religious objection to selling unclean items to non-believers , afaik.
You probably cant work in a winery in case you inhale fumes , but selling it to non-muslims , no problem.

Yeah, that's one reason I left Texas. 40* C every day for five or six months solid...no longer fun.

That's about 20 degrees too much for me. To think I complain at 30!!!

And you talk about regular folks being fine with this? Who are you hanging with? Superheroes?

If i was hanging with superheroes , they would be the Legion of Substitute Heroes.
Or the Legion of Net.Heroes :mrgreen:
(my friend Saxon writes for the LNH)

Did some massive updates to the wiki, by putting there all the info from the pseudo-wiki.

I had some editing to do (mostly, supressing any reference to Phoenix in Salle de Glace and putting 2 characters in Hibernia), but that's all.

Oh, gods. Thank you so much. I've been dreading doing that.