OOC Chatter: Anything goes!

I think the idea is more that the nobility carry the faith of lots of peasants who believe in their right to rule them. I dunno. I see the point, and while I can see how it makes life easier not to have players putting the Vulcan mindfutz on enormously influential men like Simon de Montfort, Ranulf de Blondeville, and William the Marshal (men who are all demonstrably more politically powerful than the king himself), I think A) the MR unnecessarily compounds on the already prohibitive divine aurae in the sorts of places you'd FIND those guys, and B) IMO, PCs should generally have a pretty tough time getting in situations where they could put the whammy on really powerful nobles, so if they pull the right strings, there should be rewards for it. Right?

I've only skimmed LoM, but the only mention of MR that I recall are Pope, Archbishops, bishops and kings...

I bought it for the agent system being better fleshed out.

Really? Hmm. I might be confusing it with an earlier edition book then. I remembered there being a chart with various peerage titles, the inherent mr, and virtue costs for playing such a character.

...Oh. Yeah, totally not 5th ed then.

This is polite code for "it's the bloody flux what got 'im!"

I've been unable to check the game until now...my God what are you people doing?! 'Faerie Wands'?

Trust me...you don't want to know :smiley:

Unless Sinmore might have a use for them?

Lawl. This made me think of PB.
bobbiblogger.files.wordpress.com ... /books.jpg

Where do we put where we want to spend our points? In the appropriate story thread, or is there a character advancement thread that I'm not seeing? (And in a related vein, how are we doing grog/companion advancement?)

Keep a seasonal log in your character sheet.

Grogs get one season of advancement per year (I donit in Fall), plus language exposure and any adventuring experience they pick up.

Isn't it ironic that I see this, like, half an hour after I got the letter from the library saying that I didn't get the job?

Man, sorry to hear that! :frowning:

:frowning: You'll find something.

My buddy at SFPL says they've been trying to hire people for ages, and i have a friend at the Berkeley Public Library who has posted job listigs lately too. Much higher cost of living though :confused:

Bringing it over here. I have no preference, although it does give she and Cygna a previous introduction, so they know who the other is, to some degree. I put the ball into your court, because is this something Justinius would've taken his filia on? I calculate this happening to be about 11+ years ago, so she would've been Justinius filia at the time.

It is most definitely not something he would have wanted an apprentice exposed to-- he was very protective and would have treated Sophia like a child far longer than appropriate. It's part affection and part chauvinist jackassery. The only woman Justin ever treated as an equal was Aislinn, and conversely, he's the only person she didn't run roughshod over with her assertiveness.

If you had wanted S there, though, she could have disobeyed his "stay here" instructions and followed the lynching party anyway. He would have noticed her eventually, but maybe at a point where it was safer for her to be with the group than to make her way back to safety on her own.

That's fine. I'm trying to get a better handle on the dynamic between pater and filia. I don't think her Ambitious nature would've caused her to disobey Justinius in this matter, but would've redoubled her efforts in study or whatnot.

Details, schmetails.

I actually caught that myself when I was writing it, and then I thought someone like Sophronia might drop subtle mistakes like this for those outside of the House, just for fun.

Who are those guys anyway? Screw them.

I should look into that.

You know Oona, right? She's the BPL librarian.

Uhh, the Retired Character Sheets thread seems to be missing :confused: cries