OOC Chatter: Anything goes!

Yeah, this is great :slight_smile: Thanks PB. Cygna will definitely be racking up the story exps this time around.

I have to wonder though... You do your best writing, by far, when your characters are unhappy. You're not going to turn into another GRRM, are you?

"Oh, you all like this character? BEHEADED! You like this one too? BEHEADED! AND, I'll cut the head off his pet and sew their heads onto each others' corpses, because I'm an evil bastard! Haha! You like the bad boy with the heart of gold? Shit, I have prophecy he still has to fulfill, so I'll just chop off his hand. Everyone hates Cersei? TOUGH, she gets to live! Oh, and you like Dany? Let me waste 600 pages reminding you that 15 year old girls are actually quite annoying!!!"

I'm actually thinking that the mc in my wresting mysteries, down the road, is going to become a detective when she blows out her knee in a match and can't compete anymore.

Assuming I actually get back to working on them again, that is.

Randomly reading through threads I didn't participate in has reminded me I was planning on sending letters to Julia. I should get on that.

That's a question I forgot to get explained. The book says that Fast Casting is only used in spontaneous spells... except for Mastered spell abilities, right? So anyone who fast-casts a formulaic spell is clearly mastered at that spell.

And leading into this: Is it standard for Magi to have lots of mastered spells, a few mastered spells, etc? Because I'm really new at the rules and traditions of Ars Magica. I'm trying to figure out ways that my character needs to develop, Hermetically. Because I know where I want to go with my normal skills.

Finally... I still need 2 covenant services: One BEFORE the Tribunal, one after.

For what it's worth, the only magi I have that have mastered any spells are those with Flawless Magic, and even her I didn't put any xp into any of the Mastery post-gauntlet or post-creation.

(I'm a failure and have spent seasons both PG and in-game doing mastery, with Attravere even. Yay!)

And then you have combat monkeys like Marcus in Bibracte...

He's designed as a combat monkey. He's also extremely fast, and can attain a 12 initiative point on an average die roll making him very hard to defend against. He has several spells mastered with obfuscated casting which makes it dificult to tell what Form the spell is.

For a second, I read this as "Or the library, under his wife."

Corrected! "Or the library, under his wife's care." His wife is the tyrannical overseer of the covenant library.

In 5th ed, my Flawless Magic character is the only one with mastered spells, with the exception that I tend to spend time mastering Rituals to mitigate botch dice when using tons of vis.

But I don't have any magical-combat monkeys in 5th ed.

Hiems is lost.

On the one hand, he misses cygna, when he thinks about her (that is, when he's not with his other self), but he fears very much to hurt her, and doesn't know at all what to do.
He'll write to her, though, figuring this to be easier.

Around her... He'd be very tentative and ill-at-ease, fearful of hurting her even more. He wouldn't have a hard time being friends with her, because he fails to understand/realise how someone as wonderful than her could love him (in a way, he understands it, more like "cygna is so wonderful she has compassion and love for everyone, including me"). After the trial, he'll figure it's because he reminds her of Adorjan, and she punishes herself by thinking she's in love with him, although he doesn't deserve her.
He won't trust him much, though, as he felt it the last time, when holding cygna in his arms: He can be friend, but will avoid physical contact at all costs.

Well, it was quite moving and touching. Writing this, in-character, I understand your reaction, especially if you had some -not the best idea to have* music around.

And it was awesome.

I concurr.
To both statements.

I just realized I have only one Flambeau who is neither a jerk nor crazy. :frowning:

Uh thats 3! ...unless you already included Sinmore.

Don't forget, cute too!

Sinmore is totally crazy :slight_smile: But I meant of my NPCs.

And, of course, by slapping the taste out of his mouth, I probably just confirmed his theory about why Georges didn't like Cygna. At least part of it anyway.

that doesn't make him any less of a jerk, though :smiley:

Oh come on. She's got no Brawl! And she wants to slap a Crusader?

He said nastier things to Georges than to Cygna. And he's vaguely related-ish to Georges.

Yeah, her temper got the better of her, I'll allow that. But anyone who walks up to a woman, especially when she's obviously frayed to the hem, and calls her ugly and says she has a lousy personality? I kinda think he had it coming. Imo.

If you were a real girl, you'd have known that was nut-shot territory.

Iapetus is bad enough of a teacher that Shmuel would learn more by trial and error. Though he'd end up gauntleted minus a few limbs.

His corpus soak is ... impressive.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!