OOC Chatter: Anything goes!

Yes. That's why I tend to prefer Size+1 despite the defensive help of Size+2. Of course, there's a simple trick. MuCo to change size!!! It's not that tough. :wink:

I have a Corpus of 5 because my Apromor teacher was a twit. >.>

That is one good defense though, have to agree. A typical __ Corpus spell does nothing. Having said that, she needs to reinvent the one helaing spell she has because it won't affect her at all. +1 Magnitude should suffice, per the rules that would affect a human body up to 15 feet tall, twice her height or so.

Her plans though, she does want to explore those Cr Co spells to raise stats, but mainly her Strength and Stamina. As it is she feels she's puny compared to other giants. Be very expensive though.

They're not gonna call her puny if she raises her Dex and Qik and thus is able to kill other giants. :wink:

yeah, get the most bang for her buck that way, and cheaper too, going from a negative to a slight positive.

This is the place for it also with the high Creo aura. How many fast and agile giants are there? That'd be a surprise.

That reminds me. I need to actually you know, study. And increase my Muto skills. And maybe all my other arts.

Someone else may correct me if I'm wrong, but if you cannot perceive a target, you cannot affect it.

((Not exactly true. You can cast a spell with a Room Target and effect everything in the room even as you are outside the room and not looking in. Or a Structure or Boundary, needless to say you couldn't see everything within it but your spell may effect everything. And Intelligo would have a lot of limits if you had to see the target before you could cast a spell on it; most uses of Intelligo are to actually detect something you normally couldn't))

You don't have to be able to see a target, only to perceive it somehow, either through one of your five senses, or through Intellego, or via an Arcane Connection.

Intellego spells to sense what's within a room are described explicitly as an exception, and you must still be able to perceive the room mundanely before being able to sense what's within it magically.

You seem to be mistaking "Circle" for "Boundary." You could use an Intellego spell with a Voice range to perceive anything of Corpus within earshot (throatshot?) and then use target: individual to float each object she perceives through the Intellego spell. But no Technique besides Intellego can ever affect a target you cannot perceive.

But a spell of Perdo Corpus with a Room Target kills every human form in the room, including the Grog hidden behind the door that you weren't aware of. A spell of Circle/Ring Target also affects an invisible spirit. The Target is not the thing perceived, the Target is everything within the delineated area. It's still dumbluck if she finds anything, she's mainly trying to get around her very poor Intelligo.

Err. Should it be?!? This is not any set of rules I'm familiar with. Point me in the right direction please?

Look at the aura interaction table at the back of ArM5. Supernatural Abilities get the same bonuses or penalties as spellcasting gets. So if Rhodri is in a faerie aura he gets the aura as a bonus to his Second Sight. If he's in a magical aura he gets half the aura as a bonus to his Second Sight. However, if he's in an infernal or divine aura he gets a penalty to his Second Sight.

This being both magical and divine, I wasn't sure what it would do.

Oh-- I didn't realize those applied to things like Second Sight and Shapeshifting, I thought it was just spellcasting and the "supernatural abilities" that beings with Might enact. Will doublecheck the wording when I get home. Thanks!

The bonus of Aequi's spell working at Sun duration instead of just concentration? After you're done in the regio, he can get you back out :wink:

Haven't heard from Gozer since he joined so I'm retconning his character's interaction in the current adventure.

True Lineages tacks on +3 magnitudes to determine a spell's sigil, on top of the base InVi to sense magics. I don't think anyone on the adventure can spont a spell high enough to do so.

Has Attravere recovered his fatigue as well? (He was down quite a lot - figured he'd be out of it for a while)

No, Attravere should still be down thtee fatigue. Sorry, forgot about him!

Just got back from my cardioversion, I had an Atrial Fibulation (an irregular heartbeat) and had to get it zapped into rhythm again. Doing well, but I'm a little loopy, so I won't likely be posting today. Take care all.

It really doesn't say that. Here's what tagging on +3 magnitudes gives you:

Determine Technique of a Hermetic spell.
Determine Form of a Hermetic spell.
Determine the rough effect of a Hermetic spell.
Determine the sigil of a Hermetic spell.
Determine the same sort of information about any non-Hermetic spell.

What fraction of +3 is determining the sigil of a Hermetic spell? Since dropping it doing Technique, Form, and sigil for a Hermetic-only (or shapechanging-only) spell chops the strength by more than half, that shouldn't be higher than +2. Further dropping that to only a sigil drops the strength by more than half again, and so shouldn't be over +1.

Let's say the magnitude of the spell was 4th. Based on the dock not reappearing around him, it was more than Momentary. So there was a very good chance to investigate a level 2 trace. And even if that went by a level 1 trace was certainly possible. So we're looking at Base 4 (5 if we wait), Momentary, Personal, +4 Vision, +1 Details = InVi25. I know InVi25 is big, but it was worth asking.

Rhodri's not too concerned, though. Attempting to drown a Hermetic magus outside of your sanctum (which itself might not hold up as a valid sanctum) is a pretty bad crime. And volunteering to testify under frosty breath goes a very long way.