OOC Chatter: Anything goes!

I've always interpreted that Intelligence is just academic aptitude, and cleverness, quickness of thought, is all Perception.

I know a lot of PhDs who couldn't think their way out of a cardboard box.

Well she doesn't have much of that either, or Folk Ken or Guile. She is the giant, red haired, rube. :blush:

It has come clear to me, reading the arrival of our new Tremere, that Iapetus would derive some entertainment from listening to the Redcap rumor mill.

Sorry, we're at a clutch point it seems, but I can't post a lot today, I'm training someone at my office.

I'll try to post something on my lunch and later tonight.

No worries, got you covered :slight_smile:

Oh, and in case anyone's wondering ooc: a wound healed by Hermetic magic won't re-open no matter what. So once Sinmore comes to she will realize Lily's healing was NOT hermetic.

Uh...wait last I checked Sinmore was unwounded...guess I should check that thread.

"I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice."

I'll let you take it from here Arya. :wink:

The lion-claw wound that Lily healed, un-healed spectacularly.

Was going to happen a couple days later, but it triggering the change early neatly avoids the need for retconning for timeframe, and lets us wrap that thread faster.

Once I read the thread I figured it had to be the wounds that started the whole thing.

In the "when it rains, it pours" department, in addition to the sewer backup which has been remediated in the house so far, something else has happened. It appears that the refrigerator water line, left by the previous homeowner had, developed a pin prick hole in it. There was a fair amount of damage that I'm now on top of. This has pushed up our pending kitchen remodel. We now have a 2'x4' hole in our kitchen, too. And a bunch of drywall to replace in the room below it. Before the kitchen hole gets smaller, it's going to get bigger as I'm going to run a dedicated water line through the joists to the final spot for the fridge. My posting will be heavily curtailed for the next week, more than likely two.

Holy crapmuffins, Batman!

I hope it all gets sorted out quickly and efficiently, with a minimum of head-achin'.

...I think I may have brainfarted on the current year. We should be picking up Chapter 5 in the Spring of 1221.

I edited the dates on the letters in the Correspondences threads. Please PM me if I've screwed up the timing of anything for your characters.

I was just about to ask about that. So, Cygna is still good to be picked up by Attravere in the summer of '21, then?

Yes. Kui is currently on a roadtrip for the next few days, but there shouldn't be any problem arranging a pick-up from Attravere.

On a related note, I'm going to take a cue from Jonathan's Bibracte saga, and start putting the year and season in each Chapter heading.

For the Spring 1221 Prelude...you meant 1222 right? Or am I completely lost?

Nope, I'd brainfarted and thought we were all a year ahead.

Which sucks because I got all my stuff together for the Tribunal, which I was totally looking forward to starting up right now, and... nope, it's still a year off.

If we have a consensus for wanting to leave the vis sources uncontested and skip ahead another year, I'd be okay with that, as soon as a couple things are sorted out.

OK, before updating my characters, I'd like to run things by you: Since none of my characters actually did anything I made all this up out of whole cloth. let me know if you object to any of my reasoning.

Tabanus: Taught Latin = Exposure (2 xp) in Latin (Do you remember how much Vis he's accumulated?)
Morwyn: Collected herbs = (2 xp in Profession: Apothecary, and 18 labor points)
Llwyd: Cut down trees = Exposure (2 xp) in Profession: Woodcutter.
Dafydd: Split logs = Exposure (2 xp) in Profession: Woodcuter.
Piskin: Napped = (Nothing).
Micah: Attempted to befriend chickens = Practice (5 xp) in Animal Handling. Suffered a Light Wound.
Michiel: Practiced riding drills = Practice (4 xp) in Ride.

I'd also be appreciate if you could give me some guidance on the following questions:
What's the aura in Morwyn's Kitchen?
What sort of Teaching total does Micah's teacher have?
Should the brother's use Communication for their Profession: Woodcutter rolls as suggested in C&G? It seems inappropriate to me.

I do not, sorry :frowning:

At Lake Vyrnwy? The aura at the lake is an overlapping Magic 3/Divine 3. She can set up her kitchen someplace at a spot which is purely Magic, however.

Micah's, or Michiel's? It depends on what they're being taught, by whom. I wasn't aware if either had a dedicated tutor?

That doesn't make any sense to me either. And I don't own C&G anyway. Woodcutting, as a profession, seems like it should fall under Perception.

Everything else looks fine.

It's OK, I'll try and calculate it later...

Okies, she may be planning some Lab Stuff later!

I'm referring to Micah's "Educated" virtue. I figure he'll be forced to endure more boring lessons at some point... :frowning:

Well, it actually lists Communication as the default for Professions; Dexterity for Crafts.

Anyway, I'll update the character sheets right now...