OOC Chatter: Anything goes!

Sorry I haven't posted much lately. I've got a nasty eye infection which involves pus seeping out of my eyeballs, and light (including LCDs) hurts. I saw a doctor on Friday and now I'm on antibiotics, but it'll probably be a few more days before I recover.

(Turns out, when your allergist says you need to use the steroid eyedrops, no matter how badly they sting, because you shouldn't be rubbing your eyes all the time? Yeah, he's right.)

Just wanted to let y'all know where things stood.

Wow. That really sucks. Hope you get better soon.

Lots of work, and, since I'm mostly posting from work, this means no game :frowning:

Doing what I can when out of work, which is, little.

So don't worry, the character is designed to be reclusive

No worries, take care of business first :slight_smile:

Cool. I dropped her Impatient +2 trait to +1

I love how characters evolve over time, so I try to encourage character growth.

I'd say she's grown a bit. Many of her more immature traits are just not able to be expressed, or there's been no payoff for it. Our worst habits are often done because of a 'payoff', even when they're bad for us. She's had to learn patience as the elders of the Covenant keep her at arm's length, and many of her issues can't simply be solved by sword and flame.

I've noticed most people think in terms of positive... They give themselves Impatient +2 rather than Patient -2. You ever wonder if this sort of think effects how the game plays or the character acts? One of the things I thought of when making my character... I resisted the urge to give myself Cowardly -1... but I did get Subtle -2. Just a random thought. :slight_smile:

I also get annoyed at the odder metagaming tactics sometimes used by some people, but as always, have my own take on things.

This one I don't get often, but I get a similar one:
Player 1: "I botched my perception."
GM: "You find nothing interesting."
Player 2: "Hey, I'll roll perception too!"

I actually don't have a problem with this... assuming they do consistantly run away and get more information. The way I avoid giving away the fact it's a Faerie is by checking their stats and letting them make the roll (for tabletop). Another thing I've been known to let the player decide which monstery-lore to roll: If they think it's an infernal and they don't get nothing, they can ask if it seems faerie next... this can really bog things down in a forum format, though. And again, the big problem I've run into is Player A getting a good idea and failing the roll, and then the entire table also makes the same roll to see if they succeed.

This would be the primary point I disagree on. When one person in a competitive situation is highly outmatched, they're usually aware of it within the first few exchanges... unless the better one deliberately conceals that fact. But hey, it's a minor point and I'm happy to follow your common sense instead of my common sense. :slight_smile:

I know it's been a while since I've posted. I've been waiting idle in a pause while Attravere and Sin run around outside of the regio looking for food. I'm happy to handle the dragon-stuff inside when they're at a closer point to resolve so the flow of the posts don't go back and forth too much. :slight_smile:

A secondary concern that may spark RP: Is it generally known that Sophronia is looking for Justinius, or is it something that's only come up in a variety of private conversations? I know it's been mentioned in posts, but I don't remember (without digging through messages) if she mentioned it to the Covenant as a whole.

We'll say she brought it up at council meeting (even if she didn't).

Sorry, I haven't posted in a bit my Internet connection has been questionable the last week or so.

Arya, I've read the "Death and Taxes" thread from beginning to end several times overnow and am still not quite sure what happened Timothy and Michiel. Perhaps you could clarify what they're doing at the moment... :blush:

If they put down their arms when Cygna surrendered, they were dumped in with a few other male prisoners. Michiel would have been asked for his relation to the baron in the event he might be worth a ransom.

Well, I suppose Timothy would have surrendered if only to keep an eye on Cygna, but IIRC Michiel was speaking to Brother Lewis about improving the party's accommodations so I'm not sure if he was even at the battle...

I think Charles was taken with Cygna and then separated when Cygna was put with the other lady hostages.

That too. Timothy and Charles are being held together.

If Michiel was in the castle when it was attacked, then he would have gotten roughed up if he were armed. If he surrendered, he would be taken prisoner and held within the manor (which is now occupied).

I am heading out of town tonight and won't be home until Sunday night. I will have internet access and a core rulebook, but anything requiring more than the core book, y'all will have to quote the relevant bits at me.

Enjoy your trip.

Ra'am's sigil on high level spells (30+) has sharp ozone related odors. Just sayin'.

So was Aislinn's (who I played originally in the saga where PB and I met ten years ago or so :p).