OOC Chatter: Anything goes!

Present and ready to resume play...

Check.

I'll PM Peter Filius and callen and see if we've still got a saga or not.

I replied by PM, but so everyone else can see: I'm still here.

Chris

All right, looks like we've only lost Peter Filius. I will NPC Maruska for the time being. In the meantime, let's resolve the scene at the gates of the Baron's manor with Tabanus and Rhodri. Kui, if you need any reminders about what's going on for Attravere, PM me.

Hey all, I have received an invite from Arya based on my request at the PbP Players looking for games. I've been in a few games and even run one online (Vengeance Rides a Slow Horse). I'd like to join if thats ok, but am not certain what to play as yet. I've read through the story and posts so far, and will need to review them a bit more still to get a touch more familiar. I have plenty of concepts in mind, including some of the magi I've tried for the games that didn't quite make it.

I hate to step on toes or duplicate too much, what do you think might be missing? One concept I had for an online game (The campaign called 'Burnt by the Sun') might take on a whole new significance due to the release of Rival Magic. She's a giant blooded Flambeau who believes she's one of the giants of Norse legend. I'd like to play that one, but can easily come up with other concepts as well if it wouldn't fit.

Hey, question for Rhodri, the weapons and such you have, they have Excellent quality, is that from Art & Academy, Lords of Men, City and Guild (all books I don't have)? I may have to look you up for something like that! I assume they also may have been opened by the Verditius inner mystery?

Oh boy...I hate to do anything rash my second post in, but yowza Geirlaug she just broke the handle off on Sinmore's angry lever.

Yes, they're from C&G. Well, the crafting and quality stuff is from C&G. LoM has some new weapons and armor stuff. Rhodri crafted the stuff himself. Some of his stuff has also been made into "Items of Quality" using the Verditius Inner Mystery. The knives on his bandolier, however, are not "Items of Quality" even though they're of high quality. Those knives are his casting tools.

Let me know what you're looking for. I'll try to help. If you need something made, chances are Rhodri's your man.

Chris

Definitely. I saw the combat totals you're sporting on those weapons. I figured they had to be items of quality at least as they were being wielded by a Verditius. Sinmore devoted a decent amount of work into her sword skill, but she's not even close to reaching where Rhodri has with those weapons. A great sword of quality would be what she's looking for if possible.

That whole post I had to remind myself "Gierlaug is an Archamaga, Gierlaug is an Archmaga". My first response was to basically flip the table and start blowing things up. Gierlaug is right about one thing, Sinmore is still working on subtlety... :smiley:

Yes, Rhodri's a good swordsman and a good smith. He's looking forward to his upcoming friendly duel with Guillaume.

He can make excellent+5 greatswords. He's also in the Confraternity of Roland, though he hasn't gone through the Inner Mysteries yet. But those will make him even better at making swords.

Chris

That was rather the point :slight_smile: Can't think of a better way to get you into the covenant! Feel free to do anything mildly stupid. Too stupid, though... well, just remember, she can totally take you. Blindfolded and with her hands tied behind her back :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah...what I posted was Sinmore being discreet.

And valuing her life. :frowning:

I'm sort of laughing at how polar opposite Sinmore is from Aequi. I can only imagine how badly I screw up/around when it's my turn... :laughing:

Well, you'll have the opposite sort of introduction from Sinmore's :slight_smile: I figured, true to Criamon style, you'll be puttering around in your lab, and one day someone will say "who the heck is that?" and Lamentus will tell them "Oh yes, that's my protege... he's lived here for years."

:laughing: :mrgreen: :wink: 8) :laughing:

I love it! Random magi - "If you've been here for years, why isn't your name on the charter?"

Aequi - "Well, because I've already erased it from the rolls. Didn't you know? All magi perceive their lives in order of death to life - when you're ready to leave the covenant and proceed towards your birth and teaching your pater, you remove your name and continue on. Although the Wheel of Fortune seems to show a change has soon passed, so perhaps it's time for the Hierophant to grow to ascendency. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, magi, and I'm sorry this is farewell since this is the first time I remember knowing you." :nod: :nod:

:smiling_imp: :open_mouth: :smiling_imp:

And Sinmore will just look around in confusion and ask the most obvious question:

Wait, why do I have to wear yellow robes and wooden shoes?

Got a random idea for an enchanted item and wanted to run it by people. If anybody could make it, it'd be Rhodri. Would it be possible to enchant a suit of full scale mail to be practically weightless (i.e. No Burden)? And would it be Perdo or Rego? There's a really good line of Perdo Ignem, Base 10 - completely removes one aspect of fire, i.e. light, heat, etc. Applied to Terram, you could completely remove the item's weight, +2 Magnitudes for Metal. OR, using Rego Corpus base rules, Base 5 - move a target... even if unsupported. Basically, keep something levitated and weightless. Again, +2 Magnitudes for Metal. Am I missing a concept or idea, or a Limit of Magic?

In HoH Soc: there is a spell that does that and it is Pe Te to erase the weight. It still has bulkiness, but the load is dramatically reduced to like 1 or 2 depending on the size of the armor in the first place.

Yep, IIRC removing the weight of an item is on the PeTe base effects table. Don't have a book handy atm though.