OOC Chatter: Anything goes!

I'm ignorant of most of the series. I don't have HBO, and I haven't picked up the books, because I'm afraid he's not going to make it to the last one... Just one of those things...

tl;dr Margaery marries Cersei's son, everyone loves her because she's young and beautiful and kind, Cersei can't stand her, is insanely jealous that the younger girl is trying to "replace" her. She plots and schemes endlessly to try and bring down Margaery, but in the end she just brings about her own downfall with her incompetent scheming.

That's almost archetypal mother/daughter-in-law behavior. To wit, Everyone Loves Raymond.

No.
This isn't something I'm interested in playing through. It's completely unsupported by canon. Apprentices are gauntleted according to the rules of their Houses/masters. Residency is established by notifying a Mercere House where one lives. Our characters are magi in good standing. That there hasn't been a Tribunal of record for the last two sessions is not something that has any affect on us. However, it does confirm that the vis is ours, and that they are depriving us of our power by harvesting it.

I am not saying your characters aren't magi, just that none of them have been formally presented (which is a tradition in most Tribunals). You're a magus when you complete your Gauntlet. Or if you're a Bjornaer, as soon as you initiate a Heartbeast.

It's like Jewish teenager who hasn't had a bar mitzvah. You're still the same age, whether or not you have a party.

Does that mean we get presents?

EFFECT!
I figured we weren't unregistered magi that just happened to have been staying in various covenants over our time since gauntlet who happened to be kind enough to overlook our unclassified status, yet daring enough to risk not trying to rectify the situation. grin

I was going for feeling or emotion. :stuck_out_tongue:

That's a joke, btw. There are often times I'm a distracted PbP poster... :slight_smile:

ninamatsumoto.wordpress.com/2010 ... r-artists/
(This thing blew my mind the first time I saw it.)

Distance running correllates with long limbs and slight builds, but sprinting speed correllates with big muscular bodies.

I would make a snarky comment about everyone's crappy initiative checks, except I rolled them all.

And everyone had the same d10 this time, too. (I lost the PC die :frowning:)

Agree to disagree, there's a lot to study, and she's not a martial magus. Since everyone in the Tribunal seems to know her so well, they know what her interests are.

I really don't remember a Parma Magica text being available for PG chargen

They don't know her, or her interests, so well. They know her parens quite well, and her parens wrote a Lv6 summa on Parma Magica.

Sinmore will join in the fun at the Tribunal tournaments, though I'm not expecting great things.

Go ahead and use the Tribunal thread to post your plans for the event(s) your charcters are interested. Once i know who will be involved in what scenes, I will start proper IC threads for each individual event.

I thought they did away with the Terram/Auram requisites for ice and steam, respectively?

I see in the Muto, there are requisites for turning a liquid into an unrelated solid or liquid (but doesn't give any examples), but Rego shows that it does not require requisites to "change a liquid into the corresponding solid or gas (for example, change water into ice or steam)."

My understanding is the Rego spells don't have the requisites because it's mimicking a natural change in state, but that liquids still carry Aq reqs and solids Te. Isn't wine still He/Aq, for example?

No, it looks like Wine is straight Aquam. In the base individual description for Aquam spells (p. 121) it mentions "naturally occurring liquids, such as fruit juice or olive oil," and "processed liquids, such as wine or beer," but it doesn't mention any requisites for affecting or creating liquids other than straight water.

There are no requisites for Footsteps of Slippery Oil, Creeping Oil, Bridge of Frost (which specifically causes frost to form on the surface of a body of water), or Ice of Drowning (which does add a magnitude for an additional affect, both violent pounding and turning water to ice).

The only requisites I see in the Aquam descriptions/spells all relate to changing a liquid into an unrelated solid/gas; turning a liquid into another, very unnatural liquid; changing a liquid into a mixture of any liquid, solid, or gas; or the Corpus or Animal requisites for Curse of the Desert.

It was actually one of the changes I noticed off the bat, when they removed the Terram/Auram requisites for ice/steam.

Hrmm, my 3rd/4th ed dinosaurness strikes again.

So what is blood then? Just Aquam? Just Corpus? Either?

The humors are corpus.