OOC Chatter: Anything goes!

Isn't it ironic that I see this, like, half an hour after I got the letter from the library saying that I didn't get the job?

Man, sorry to hear that! :frowning:

:frowning: You'll find something.

My buddy at SFPL says they've been trying to hire people for ages, and i have a friend at the Berkeley Public Library who has posted job listigs lately too. Much higher cost of living though :confused:

Bringing it over here. I have no preference, although it does give she and Cygna a previous introduction, so they know who the other is, to some degree. I put the ball into your court, because is this something Justinius would've taken his filia on? I calculate this happening to be about 11+ years ago, so she would've been Justinius filia at the time.

It is most definitely not something he would have wanted an apprentice exposed to-- he was very protective and would have treated Sophia like a child far longer than appropriate. It's part affection and part chauvinist jackassery. The only woman Justin ever treated as an equal was Aislinn, and conversely, he's the only person she didn't run roughshod over with her assertiveness.

If you had wanted S there, though, she could have disobeyed his "stay here" instructions and followed the lynching party anyway. He would have noticed her eventually, but maybe at a point where it was safer for her to be with the group than to make her way back to safety on her own.

That's fine. I'm trying to get a better handle on the dynamic between pater and filia. I don't think her Ambitious nature would've caused her to disobey Justinius in this matter, but would've redoubled her efforts in study or whatnot.

Details, schmetails.

I actually caught that myself when I was writing it, and then I thought someone like Sophronia might drop subtle mistakes like this for those outside of the House, just for fun.

Who are those guys anyway? Screw them.

I should look into that.

You know Oona, right? She's the BPL librarian.

Uhh, the Retired Character Sheets thread seems to be missing :confused: cries

I'm trying to come up with some way of being useful for collecting the vis, but am having trouble.

I don't recall seeing such a a thread...

It was at the bottom of the forum, and had Valten, Elysante, Maruska, Erro, and Sophia. I may or may not need one of those character sheets right now :confused:

I think I sent you Sophronia's sheet again. However, I may have sent her as of 1220, not 1221...

I don't have it. Post it back in the character sheets thread. And figure out a way to get Second Sight, damnit! If Justinius was dead he'd be turning over in his grave.

I'll say that Sophronia looks like Maria Menounos.

But I hope you're laughing on the inside. The intersection of Ambitious, Optimistic and Envied Beauty has all kinds of interesting possibilities.

I'm just trying to figure out "revulsion and jealousy". Does that mean vain women feel jealousy, while other women feel revulsed? And, seeing has how Cygna, while not particularly vain (but maybe more so than average) is prone to intense jealousy, especially where Heims is concerned, how should I play her?

The description doesn't say explicitly that it draws those two emotions from one person simultaneously. I am thinking that what one person experiences may not be the same as another one. IMO, Gilderoy Lockhart is the perfect model for Envied Beauty. He probably had something else going for him that engendered feelings of infatuation with all the girls, but all the boys were generally repulsed by him.

The way Cersei Lannister reacts to Margaery Tyrell is a pretty good model, imo. It applies whether or not one's own love interest is involved.