OOC Discussion Thread

I just got back from a (non-impromptu) trip to Vegas. I'll post stuff here soon as I've done some thinking an rearranging of details in Leah's background to the point I think I'm happy.

1 Like

Still rather buried by "real life" right now. (Moving, new job, and family things all blended together!) But I'm endeavoring to play catchup here. Rest assured however that my interest here has not waned, and eventually things will get closer to stable.

2 Likes

Soooo.... How's everyone?

Still here.

Very happy that August is done! I'm not sure why, but it always ends up being my craziest month of the year. Or maybe second after January.

Apologies for the radio silence everyone, but the start of the school year has been... hectic. A classroom to set up from scratch, curriculum to write (because what I got was a dumpster fire, and that's being generous), a million and one systems to learn, to say nothing of actually teaching. Or you know, my own tiny humans. All three of them.

Suffice it to say, I've largely been hanging on by a thread. But hey, I'm still alive and kicking I swear!

That said, from what it sounds like, @Vortigern is having an even rougher go than I am. Between the move, and the new job working him absolutely ragged (think 10 hour days six days a week kinda ragged), he's barely keeping his head above water as it were.

But both of us wanted y'all to know that we're still here, and very much intend to keep things going. It's just going to take us longer than we'd like. So as much grace as folks can give us is greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

Hello folks.

I've been having some (more than my fair share I'd say, but that is all the woe is me you'll be getting) problems IRL lately. More than I care to go into detail with here. However I wanted to come and say that I'm still interested in this as a project/game. I just have had serious issues with time and distractions due to other problems, and those also undermining my creativity if you will. But I have not forgotten about this game and fully intend to return when I am able. I think the work invested here is obvious and makes it a project for all of us that is worth hanging on to!

Best regards to all of you.

2 Likes

Hey, no rest for the wicked, right?

Whenever you are able to come back I'll be here waiting. Hope things get less turbulent on your side soon!

1 Like

Righto, so the good news is that things are (knock on wood) seemingly headed in the right direction. I'm hoping that in the next month or two we will have a more concrete announcement to make, but I don't want to get ahead of myself. So let's go with cautious optimism?

That said, hopefully everyone is having a good holiday season, and we'll see you all in the new year!

1 Like

I'm endeavoring to refamiliarize myself with the game, rereading everything. Please sound off when convenient to confirm interest/presence.

Hi!

1 Like

Pretty sure @callen knows you're back since the two of you keep discussing things on the boards here.

And obviously I'm here.

Still here!

I have taken a few days weeks of abscense from the forum due to life happening, but I'm still interested, as always.

Might end up rewriting my character, if at all possible. Not sure I am as excited about him as I was before.

1 Like

Given that we have had such a break and have not entered play in any case, I see no problem with that at all. @Nithyn has (as always) been considering a good dozen concepts as we have been discussing things to be sure. So you would not be alone in reconsidering options.

1 Like

Me, have a million concepts that I'm currently actively debating? Nope, that's never ever happened even once!

Seriously though @RafaelB I totally get where you're coming from, and I'm in the same boat. Even if I do keep the core of the concept, I'll be making some tweaks for sure.

And hey, we're the last people to say anything about taking a break from the forums due to real life, so no judgement in the slightest.

1 Like

I've been thinking about what world building I see as necessary before we start play, before I start to take close looks at characters etc. A very tentative list for thoughts/feedback.

World Building

• Immediate Surroundings of Lough Ree, aside from Athlone & Monastery
    -- Lake Shore Village/Inn
    -- Surrounding Farms/Manors?
    -- Isle of Inchcleraun, Monastery

• Athlone
    -- City Districts & Major NPCs
    -- Ruler & Court/Retinue
    -- Hedge Witches, Native
    -- Mystic Smith, Native

• Faerie Courts
    -- Goblin Market/Athlone
    -- Court of Mab (Courtly/Chivalric Fae)
    -- X?

I barely remember what I'd had in mind before, so I may well rethink things while Rafael and Nithyn do. I'm not sure if we've lost players, either.

I'll be a little slow as I finish up my work for David. I don't have that much left to get through, but it will take crunching a good bunch of numbers over the next week.

As for world-building stuff, let's see if I might be able to say anything productive...

• I expect there would be a number of villages scattered around the area. Maybe only a few names for the moment. Maybe one or two relational ideas (like village X is known for its apples).
  • Athlone seems pretty solid.
  • It looks like you want one more faerie court. I feel like Medb's court would be a light court and the goblin one may be more mischievous or mercantile but not really a dark court. So perhaps a third, dark court, giving a sort of light, gray, and dark triad? A dark court could be more about hunts, nightmares, etc.

Zero rush mate, as stated, we're all slowly getting back into things.

And all of that world building makes sense to me @callen I like just having a few ideas about things and allowing folks to explore more if they're so inclined.

As for my character, I'm still leaning towards a Fae focused bugger. In fact the bulk of the concept is more or less what I had in mind previously. Just making some tweaks after giving the house book another once over as it were.

OK. That's good to know. It will be good to see what others are retinkering or keeping, too.

I see @Vortigern is looking at human health (both helpful and hurtful) as a Flambeau.

Agreed! On my end, I mostly scraped off Strong Faerie Blood in favor of a few other things. But I'll get my rough thoughts posted here in a bit. Gotta dig out from all this snow and feed the tiny humans first.

It's something we were discussing. He had invested so many points into making Hex work with the build previously that it was coming at the expense of his Hermetic stuff, and we were curious what it would look like if he refocused. Nothing's set in stone yet of course.