OOC Discussion

I'm more Creo + Corpus than CrCo based. I needed to be Creo based because of the alchemy, and Corpus is just so darned useful. I took a few healing spells because I have a high CrCo combo, but that's not my focus. Paulos and Poenitens seem to have a healing focus.

My focus because of Holy Magic should actual momentary rituals and Creo Corpus offer the most useful ones. (I can spend 1 long-term fatigue instead of 3 vis)
Even if not that great compared to a longevity ritual from 1 season lab work my magus also can invent a ritual magic that give a bonus to aging rolls for 1 year and we decided its also Creo Corpus. (Lvl 30 with touch range give +1 , lvl 35 +2 and so on)

There also a wealth of special intellego magic my magus can go into but I plan to leave this for after game start.

Didn't we determine that such an enchantment was of questionable utility because it imposed Warping for a relatively minor bonus to aging?

We're in an urban covenant, and one of the themes is trying to work with mundanes. Some members are deeply religious.

A number of us are already very good at social matters, and Creo Corpus. We don't really have a Terram expert, which is one of the most useful Forms.

All I'm hearing is moar Creo Corpus!

Yes its not great because of the warping points (5 per year unless he/she is the person who the spell is adjusted to) but depending on how High the ritual is that I manage to invent it might still worth the time to invent it and later add one or more level of mastery to this ritual to have more person that only gain 1 warping point / year.

I'm a creo ignem woodworking verdituous.

Just registered on wiki dot, sent message. ;0)

Sent an invite to join the wiki. Let me know if you don't get it.

Got it!

Separated my description solo storyline stuff from record of progression. That way progression can be legible on the character thread.

I do not have an invitation...

Please PM me an email address or a wikidot user name and I'll get the invite right out.

Finally found "Covenants", might have a lab... one day.

Sent an invite to you, silveroak. Let me know if there’s any trouble accepting it.

glancing through the website I noticed an error- aging bonus to loyalty can only be high enough to balance the negative value of base loyalty, as it represents acclimation to the Gift for member magi.

I don't see how that follows. My understanding was that the bonus for a positive aging modifier represents that people like living at the covenant because it is a pleasant place to live and people who work there tend to live longer. I don't see that it has anything to do with acclimation to the magi.

In fact, curiously, despite it being an established covenant, I haven't included any bonus from acclimation to the Magi. That bonus (when we get it) should definitely be limited to +10 (i.e., only offsetting our base loyalty modifier). But I can't see how the benefit to living in a healthy environment would in any way be limited by base loyalty.

Covenants page 40:

The explanation above the quoted section is that this is essentially the time it takes for the covenfolk to become accustomed to the Gift of the resident magi.

The covenant being a pleasant place to live etc. is in the other bonuses which derive from it actually being a pleasant place to live (better wages, healthy features, better wages)

That was my understanding as well. Currently. the modifier for "Years with magi" is 0. That modifier cannot go higher than is sufficient to offset the base loyalty. So, once that increases, it cannot go higher than +10.

Again, I'm in agreement. The bonus for +3 aging modifier is because the covenant is a pleasant place to live. That is not restricted by base loyalty.

I'm glad we cleared that up.

For some reason when I looked a it earlier I thought it had either a+30 or 30 years... apparently the problem is with my vision...

Wow an adult response. You misunderstood something and didn't act like a tool, amazing.