OOC Discussion

Please can we avoid personal attacks in our responses? I know we have disagreements with each other on matters that are important to us. But making personal attacks doesn't help the matter at all.

We all get worked up about various issues, and it's easy to say something a little inflammatory. I get that. But if we could all try and be civil, it would make for a much more harmonious community. Disagreements are fine. But let's try and talk them through without using provocative language.

Agreed. Thank you. If silver could stop flaming and harassing would be great.

I have not flamed you, I have offered advice. I have, admittedly, now also recommended you be removed from the game.

Deleted to reduce signal to noise ratio of thread.

I disagreed with you, I did not flame you. In fact I have been quite reserved in dealing with you, because my impression is that you are young and in need of guidance.
And as a side note, I don't "just google it" because I don't have the time to google every seemingly random thing you post, especially when there is nothing coherent referring to it that might make it appear worth googling. Holding a grudge because I came back to something you claim to have dropped but never indicated you were going to drop is a pretty weak position to get but sore about. Primarily I have asked you to be more clear in your postings, which admittedly are less stream of conscious of someone with autism and a schizoid disorder than many of your earlier posts. Even the ones about Merinita mysteries however you really should have included more discussion of what you meant rather than dropping a few totals in a vacuum of reference- it is not the job of everyone you communicate with to decipher your words for meaning through a morass of incomplete sentences.

Trogdor, if you delete your post on Penelope, I can finish nuking the thread.

You are jumping topics like a rabbit trying to shake a fox. Yes, I can google, but it is hardly necessary since I am familiar with these events already. I just don't subscribe to the overly simplistic analysis you have applied to them. At the time of the invasion the crusaders were already excommunicated, and victory was their only hope of having their excommunication lifted. Trying to split hairs between the looting versus the conquest is a bit of a misdirection, but historically conquerors who meet less resistance are less likely to loot, so the economic considerations did not stand alone in this situation. In fact the Doge had already eliminated the initial concern by sponsoring the crusade in exchange for their taking Constantinople, even though a division of the loot (with the first share repaying the Doge) had in fact been determined as part of the contract.
Now for someone who has already screamed they are taking their ball and going home, you are still very involved in these threads, primarily in trying to besmirch me, which you have been asked repeatedly not to do. If I come off as condescending towards you it is an attitude you invited with the level of ignorance and incoherence in your initial posts, and the whining about everyone being unfair to you has done nothing to improve my opinion of you or your compatibility with this game.

Yes, and? I see nothing there to support your assertion that simply manufacturing money would have changed the situation, nor do I think that the skeleton history presented in the sourcebooks constitutes understanding the motives of politics of the time.

The treasury was empty after Alexius III fled in the middle of the night because he took the money with him, as I have already stated. If you aren't going to even read my counterpoints do not deign to call me on your misunderstanding. In fact I had already acknowledged that the treasury was empty after Alexius III had fled, but pointed out that anger as much as greed is generally the motive for looting.
As to calling me child, I am fairly certain I have children older than you. Certainly they show greater maturity.

Aunguard, I wish you the best. However, it appears that we have very different opinions on too many things to have a harmonious gaming experience. I do hope you can find a gaming group that fits with your play-style. Seriously.

All,

It appears that our covenant is pretty much complete. What I'd like to get from everyone is our current status, and see if we're ready to actually start play. Poenitens hasn't spent all of his build points, but otherwise done. I have some ideas but not details of our first story.

What remains to be done?

I want to finish Colonel Sander's, command unit.
I should get things posted to the wiki as well...

Urks did I fall this far behind because I had to make 3-4 complete reworks of my magus? Then I will focus on my Companion first to finish him.

Anyway have we set the Lab texts by now and what is this wiki you are talking about?

Also wasn't there Xandran who also looked like he wanted to join but never showed up in the sub forum?