OOC Discussion

Oh, I certainly understand. I guess I was just a bit punch drunk after crunching all those numbers the first time and posted without asking for feedback on how to enter the story, which I really should have known better than to do. Advancing by season for 13 years is a chore and a half!

I have posted the (hopefully) correctly adjusted XP Log for Patrick the Unrepentant Tytalus, and am awaiting feedback on him. If the basic math is right, then he can enter gameplay while I finish tweaking him.

Since I've already posted something about how he's somewhere out in the distance but nearby, I'll let that idea for a stage-entrance stand. Let me know if either the ASG or SG have any questions or decisions about that.

Thanks for the clarification.

Incidentally, if you'd like me to start running the Faerie Regio story, I have an idea for that. Is the herd of magic horses entirely a part of that plotline, or do I need to coordinate with someone else before figuring out how to work that bit in?

I'll pm you about the horses.

Greetings all,

I requested the permission to join the saga. I think I'll create a companion.Though I've played some magi before, I'm not familiar with the 5th edition. I just ordered the core book. I'll wait until I get it to create the character sheet. In the meantime, I thought I could develop a concept for the character.

English isn't my mother tongue and though it's usually not a problem, I'm not familiar with the abbreviations that you use. May I ask what SG and ASG mean?

Welcome! SG is Storyguide, i.e Ars Magica's term for the GM. Since we're playing troupe style, there are potentially multiple SGs. ASG is the alpha (main) storyguide. You may also see BSG, for beta storyguide.

Probably the sooner the better.
Scott

Welcome! I am also in the process of developing a character to add to the campaign.

In the Ars Magica forum, there is a helpful post on Abbreviations used on this forum that you may find helpful.

[code]There is a update available for Faerie Regio Plotline! Would you like to download now? [Y/n] Y

Downloading plotline....complete!
Installing new files.....complete!
Testing backward compatibility....successful! [/code]

Thanks a lot! Yes, it is helpful.

As for my character (a companion), I'm not sure yet what to play. I thought of a librarian. There isn't any so far, right? Would it be a good idea?

Sure, that could work. Would you have any professional skills, like bookbinding?

Scott

Yes. I'd like to create a character that would have useful skills to the covenant. I thought of a character that was trained to be a librarian within the Order (possibly a daughter or son of a librarian in another covenant) with a taste for adventure, which would have made the character to decide to live in this covenant. I could well imagine a young woman raised in a big covenant like Durenmar, with a huge library requiring that there are several librarians around. She envies the travelling magis and as she becomes an adult, she wishes to travel as well. Would that be realistic?

Sure. It might be especially appropriate if she hungers for lost knowledge, or something of the sort, since this is a saga where exploration plays a big role.

Scott

It seems I'll be joining you as well, and I'll be hacking out a magus in the next couple of days. I'm a fan of troubled characters, both internally and externally, and I like playing the Houses with bad reputations -- though the urge has been rising to say "to hell with it" and play a fat, lazy, optimistic Bjornaer with an ox heartbeast. We'll see.

Bleh....I forgot that Portia was supposed to create the lab equipment...as a result of which, we have crapload of vis rather than actual glassware. Ideas on how to fix this problem would be nice, but perhaps it ought to be an IC problem....

Scott

I was confused. I forgot Portia belonged to someone who left. Still, between being a busybody and optimistic, I'm sure I can set things right with her, but even if not it will all be for the best.

I'm perfectly happy to have it be an in-character problem.

Chris

Yes, Portia belonged to Arya, which is why we're writing her out of the saga--so you needn't try too hard to set things right. We just hadn't thought through what to do about the lab equipment yet. :slight_smile: (Well, Salutor apparently had, but Salutor is usually ahead of me :stuck_out_tongue:.)

Scott

I just received the core book of the 5th edition today. I'll need some time to go through it, but I intend to start my character sheet during the weekend. :slight_smile:

OK, great. :slight_smile:

Scott

Shall we wait for the main chapter to catch up or just carry forward with the fae chapter?

There shouldn't be a problem with going forward--I've found that with online games, you have to run stories simultaneously to get anywhere at all.

Scott

Then, too, you can only make tablets for spells you've mastered, so you could go into business selling tablets yourself once you learn it.

I just noticed that with all my virtues, my casting total for Aegis of the Hearth (and any other ReVi ward, since Geometry lets Patrick cast any spell ceremonially) is 44 + Aura + Stress Die. Wards of ReAn and ReMe have at CT of 50. :open_mouth:

Since Geometry only provide bonuses to casting, not lab totals, his ReVi LT is only a 35 + Aura, unless he experiments.