OOC Discussion

Ah. I’ve reread the forum character sheet and realised that we discussed this when I joined and I had not updated an older PDF character sheet which I was looking at when I posted the question to update it.
Very Sorry about that.
The +11 is because the spell can affect creatures up to size 4, and modify their size by 10 ranks. In the example the size 1 creature can become size 11. I think

To your knowledge, there are no specific constraints. However, Gregorius' knowledge of Magic Lore suggests to him that the horse might draw a distinction between his opponent's use of magic and the use of magic by a third party to help his opponent.

Scott

Sure.

Scott

I broke my arm Saturday and therefore haven't gotten a lot done this weekend, so I'd like to push the recruiting back a week.

Scott

OK, I've now removed the build point references for stuff added after the beginning of the saga. That's all the updates I needed to do, other than the maps.

Shall we go about recruiting new players now?

Scott

Sounds good to me!

In addition to updating the thread on the "GMs Looking for Players" forum, may be worth posting to this one: https://forum.atlas-games.com/t/looking-for-a-game/9290/1 on the "Players Looking for Games" forum as well? There have been a couple of people updating it over the last few days to say that they're looking for a game.

I would be interested in joining the campaign if you are looking for players.

Psst..I'll think you'll find there's a considerable thirst for games at the moment - Erik Tyrrell and at least one other are looking right now. How many players are you trying to get up to?

I just posted to the "Players" forum--and yes, you're both more than welcome! I had no idea anyone was watching here.

Scott

I would be interested as well.

Regarding Character ideas. I once started to think about a Stonemason, MuTe heavy, potentially Giant Blooded Verditius building enchanted structures. I never really fleshed that out (and an alternative idea was a Stonemason, MuTe heavy, normal sized Jerbiton focusing on the beauty and/or stability on the structures instead of enchanting them).

If that idea doesn't fit I have a couple of others...

Best
Jan

I think the key question you need to answer is "why have they come to Nova Castra?"

It's on (or possibly slightly beyond) the edge of Hermetic society and under active threat, so it's not an obvious place for a Hermetic service provider. That said, Gregorius has been trying to get someone (he'd been expecting a Tremere vallationist, but it could be subcontracted) to ritual up some fortifications for the covenant, so you could come in linked to that with a few tweaks to the basic concept. That would still leave the question of what your reason for sticking around was (it could be an ongoing enchantment process, but note that the covenant isn't massively rich, so probably can't afford to pay you Verditius rates over an extended period of time).

I would be interested in playing a fire throwing Flambau. Reason for coming to Castra Nova would be the chance to fight things - simple, straight forward and a big change to my normal character choices.

Gregorius certainly wouldn't say no to some more firepower - none of the covenant's current magi are very combat focused.

You'll want to post your character ideas in the Character Development thread: https://forum.atlas-games.com/t/character-development/5173/1

Scott

Need to let you guys know that I'm still here, but can't get to the forums at the same time as having time to think & write. Sorry for the delays.

OK, thanks for letting us know.

Scott

Hello, I've also been looking for a game that I can join for some time now. It looks like this chronicle definitely has longevity and an interesting premise. I'm quite flexible about character designs, especially if you have been looking to fill a particular role for your story. Just let me know!

Post your character idea in "Character Development". :slight_smile:

Scott

Welcome everyone generating characters, I think I missed saying it earlier. heya.

Thank you! I hope to be a good contributor. :slight_smile: