OOC Discussion

I just posted to the "Players" forum--and yes, you're both more than welcome! I had no idea anyone was watching here.

Scott

I would be interested as well.

Regarding Character ideas. I once started to think about a Stonemason, MuTe heavy, potentially Giant Blooded Verditius building enchanted structures. I never really fleshed that out (and an alternative idea was a Stonemason, MuTe heavy, normal sized Jerbiton focusing on the beauty and/or stability on the structures instead of enchanting them).

If that idea doesn't fit I have a couple of others...

Best
Jan

I think the key question you need to answer is "why have they come to Nova Castra?"

It's on (or possibly slightly beyond) the edge of Hermetic society and under active threat, so it's not an obvious place for a Hermetic service provider. That said, Gregorius has been trying to get someone (he'd been expecting a Tremere vallationist, but it could be subcontracted) to ritual up some fortifications for the covenant, so you could come in linked to that with a few tweaks to the basic concept. That would still leave the question of what your reason for sticking around was (it could be an ongoing enchantment process, but note that the covenant isn't massively rich, so probably can't afford to pay you Verditius rates over an extended period of time).

I would be interested in playing a fire throwing Flambau. Reason for coming to Castra Nova would be the chance to fight things - simple, straight forward and a big change to my normal character choices.

Gregorius certainly wouldn't say no to some more firepower - none of the covenant's current magi are very combat focused.

You'll want to post your character ideas in the Character Development thread: https://forum.atlas-games.com/t/character-development/5173/1

Scott

Need to let you guys know that I'm still here, but can't get to the forums at the same time as having time to think & write. Sorry for the delays.

OK, thanks for letting us know.

Scott

Hello, I've also been looking for a game that I can join for some time now. It looks like this chronicle definitely has longevity and an interesting premise. I'm quite flexible about character designs, especially if you have been looking to fill a particular role for your story. Just let me know!

Post your character idea in "Character Development". :slight_smile:

Scott

Welcome everyone generating characters, I think I missed saying it earlier. heya.

Thank you! I hope to be a good contributor. :slight_smile:

p. 173, Top right corner "Defender". That might save Viola's life. That grog is her shield grog, isn't he? I know I'm meddling, but like every meddler, I believe, it's only for the best if I do that.

Why don't you play said grog and show us how that works? :slight_smile:

Scott

Done

To do my own bit of meddling...note that as a grog (without Ferocity) Theodoric doesn't have confidence points. If he did have them, you can choose whether or not to use them after the roll (and given the roll would have beaten the attack total anyway, presumably not have chosen to do so in this case).

I use the Coyote Code dice roller: coyotecode.net/roll/ , although it does play up on me a bit sometimes, so if people have a suggestion for a better one I'd be interested.

Ah, my mistake, too much world of darkness, glad it doesn't change anything. And thanks for the roller

I don't use one because I don't see the point: the main object of online rollers is to prevent cheating, but it's not very hard to cheat with them. Therefore, I simply trust everyone to be honest, though I'm not at all offended when anyone else wants to use one.

Scott

When do we want to bring people in IC?

I feel it probably makes some sense to intoduce the newly gauntleted magi at tribunal, but this runs into the problem that we are (were?) expecting that to be a fairly quick high level story, to be followed by a couple of year's timeskip.

The Tremere indicated in 1228 that the Tremere Architect would be dispatched to the covenant "before the snow falls", so that implies an Autumn 1228 entry for Darkwing's character at least.

Also: when do we want to start playing OOC?

I think the tribunal still works, but I'm also happy giving players the option to introduce their magi at any point between the tribunal and the point to which the existing magi are advancing. I'd rather avoid having any real stories before that point, though some dialogue and a few minor journeys in the background (as part of the advancement log) are fine.

Why don't we see if we can get character creation wrapped up by the end of next week? Keep in mind though that we Americans are going to be delayed a bit by Thanksgiving.

Scott