OOC Discussion

OK, we can wait. :slight_smile: Is everything OK?

Scott

Apologies, I'm back now.

Good. :wink:

Apologies, the forums have not been sending me post notifications, and I've been traveling a lot.

It's OK--it's not the first time that's happened to someone.

Scott

I would like to reserve some of the Hidden Resources for this faerie-regio marketplace. I will not be immediately disclosing what all of those build points will be spent on, but I would like to ask for some input on the following:

• how many build points shall we allocate to here? I want a minimum of 30.
  • Is there anything specific players would like to see in this marketplace? (Conceivably, this could be our Secondary Income, depending on choices.)
  • Are there any specific limitations players would like to put on this location?

Trivia: I found the records of an archeological dig conducted by Russians at the graveyards of Tanais, and eventually found an English translation of those notes. Everything that I've put into the graveyards was inspired by those notes.

You may have as much as you want. :slight_smile:

Scott

These stories are going very slowly. Can we start some non-linear threads? I am eager to start a chapter where we continue exploring the mystery of the watery caves beneath us.

That's ready on my end--I just need one or more of the magi to take the initiative.

Scott

If we're sticking with a linear timeline, then I can't take up the investigation until the current story arc is complete.

Do you object to starting an additional thread that happens at some future point?

In some circumstances, it's fine--in this case, I don't think anyone's likely to die or otherwise be taken out of future action by the current stories, and so it could work.

Scott

Sorry about my absence, many things keeping my attention in the real world, but they should settle into a more regular pattern very soon. I've started reading to catch-up on the Barrow just now.
Andrew

OK, great! Check out the new thread as well.

Scott

Hi All,

I'm Valdemar (mka Chris Connolly) and I was a player and BSG in the (sadly defunct) saga that spawned Viola. :slight_smile: I've only ever played ArM online, but have been gaming on-and-off for nearly 30 years (!). I used to be involved with SCA, and was a History major in college, so the Ars setting is very comfortable.

I've been reading through the posts, and have a few interesting character concepts floating around - I'll be posting those as they gel further.

Speaking of the other saga, is there any interest in interaction between Nova Castra and Haunted Springs? I don't necessarily want to bring in my character from there, but with Viola's connections it could be a source for trading and/or magical backup.

Hope to have as much fun here as I did there!

Vaya con Queso,
:slight_smile:, V

I enjoy it when players bring their own favorite bits into every saga, under the proviso that we all understand that this is a facets-of-the-multiverse sort of thing, and not that it's supposed to be the exact same Haunted Springs as was run by your old SG.

For example, in a number of campaigns here on the forum (admittedly, not this one), my magus was apprenticed at the covenant of Laguna Sententia. The location and membership roster change, but the general face they show the world tends to be relatively similar, and the backstories of various parens get woven together in fun ways.

So, sure, I'm willing to let there be a copy of Haunted Springs in this universe.

Pretty much agreed with Amul (with the caveat that I don't know all that much about Haunted Springs). Happy to have a version of the covenant, so long as it can be tweaked as necessary to fit into this saga.

I don't know about it except what's on the Cat's character sheet either.

I was also the SG in that saga, so bringing it in isn't a problem--for me at least. :slight_smile: It's probably one of the closest covenants to Nova Castra, as the crow flies, though it may not be as politically important in the Tribunal as the covenants in Anatolia. I'm happy to hear any suggestions that Chris has on what might have become of it.

Scott

Sorry for my absence for the past week--I've had a case of severe food poisoning that I'm still getting over.

Let's get those story threads moving again, why don't we?

Scott

So I only got one response on this spell in the main forum - what do you guys think of it?

The Desert's Embrace PeAq25
Voice/Mom/Part

Creates a parching wind that removes most of the water from objects in its path, rendering wooden items brittle and fragile (He casting req) or causing +10 damage (Co or An casting req's) bypassing armor. The spell can affect up to 10 man-sized individuals. (Based on the spell Parching Wind PeAq20 AM5 p123)

(Base 5, +2 Voice, +1 Part, +1 Size (to affect more targets), the β€œwind” is a cosmetic effect, so no Au req needed)

The PeAq guidelines say destroying liquid within something is Target: Part. Since I want this to affect multiple targets, I added a magnitude for increased size.

What do you think?

:slight_smile:, V