OOC Discussions and Table Talk

From Monday I will be on holiday for two weeks and will not be able to post much. I might come in to check posts now and then and make short quick replies if needed, but nothing longer.
I'm back on the 7th of January.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you!

Thanks for letting us know in advance. I will also be less available for the next couple of days, although I hope to be able to finish my map of the island over the Holidays.

Merry Christmas to all!

I'll be less available during this week as well, but should be back to normal by January.

I do not have internet at home, so my access is being much more erratic. I hope to have solved this after Christmas.

happy new year everybody!

Happy New year to all of you. :slight_smile:

Roll call. Is everyone still there and ready to resume?

I am around, but on a work peak, so not as available.

Happy new year! I'm here and available.

I'm here too and starting to get back on track after holidays.

Just to let you all know, I sent a PM to Halancar yesterday and haven't received a response at this time. I'll wait a few more days, and I hope he comes back, but for now I consider him missing in action. :frowning:

Don't let that prevent you from having the magi meet back at the end of the current day's exploration to share their findings. :smiley:

If need be, I'll handle Pytheas' and his grogs' actions for the time being.

No word from Halancar, so I will take control of Pytheas and his grogs for the time being.

That said, I'd like your input on how you'd like to see things proceed from here. Is the pace too slow? Would you rather I step up the narrative so that the establishment of the covenant proceeds a bit faster? Let me know! :smiley:

I think we should proceed a bit faster especially now since we all seem to have pretty busy lives.

I think we will continue examining the area around the tree and the sea below in particular and the island and it's surroundings in general. Then the grogs should be our mouths and faces and try to establish a contact with the Danish lord or his henchmen with some degree of influence.

Yup. I also think we can proceed faster to keep things interesting. A single post to fly over the whole island, or even represent 15 days worth of work investigating (flying, going by land...) and building stuff should be enough. Roleplaying the important things (interview with the lord of the island, if we find anything supernatural etc) still need to be roleplayed, of course, as well as if we encounter some problem.

I am finishing an important projkect. Plan to resume posting in the next few days

Yes, faster should be good I think. A slower pace was good to introduce the things, but it would be nice to get stuff done now. I agree with Bearlord's assessment of the approach.

Thanks for the input, I’ll increase the pace of the saga so that we can move to the more crunchy bits. Give me a few days and I’ll post descriptions of what happens over the weeks following the magi’s arrival.

I want to apologize to all of you for not posting sooner. I changed job last November and it represented quite a change of pace for me, which left me with much less time for the saga. I'm not giving up on it yet, but I have to admit that this represents a major shift on writing expectations.

So what I'm saying is that I still intend to keep it going, but I don't believe I'll be able to do it more than once a week for the more substantive posts. I can still keep an eye on the board and provide answers during the week, but my longer posts will have to wait for weekends or the occasional evening where I can gather the energy to turn my computer on.

Hopefully, that won't discourage you all from participating in the saga. Let my know!

I'm fine with a slower posting rate. Thanks for the willingness to try!

Well I'm in a period where I too am not able to post here very often so I'm fine with a slower posting rate if that suits everybody.

Hadn't seen this. Same here. Active working schedules since December keep me quite busy, so a slower posting rate is perfectly kosher.

Glad to see we are all on the same page regarding posting frequency.

Now, regarding what comes next, I feel that the one thing that should be taken care of in character at this point will be their negociations with whatever local authority there is in the small village in Oberland. Since these will be your immediate neighbours, and will provide a significant part of the work force to build and maintain the covenant, I think that how the magi introduce themselves will be quite important.

So I've been thinking that after initial contact is made by one of your covenfolk/grog, the magi will be invited to meet with the village's leaders. It is up to them as to whether they will go themselves or sent subordinates to that meeting. Each will have its own advantages and drawbacks, some of which are obvious (such as the negative effects of the Gift), while others are more subtle.

After that thread, I think we'll be able to jump forward a bit in the saga.

Should we decide who goes to the village or do you create the thread first? I think it might be better not to send the magi, so Dietlinde might be one feasible candidate.