OOC Discussions and Table Talk

Not much protection: you give creatures and magi problems to use their supernatural powers from outside/in the aegis, but they can walk through it with impunity. Will learn the spell myself. Since we need to get it fast anyway, I will have to learn it ASAP, so I would simply be breaking my rule during play. Will come up with an excuse, or change the reason of why he has low level spells. He is still in a Muto state after all :slight_smile:

But start learning communion ASAP, you bastards :stuck_out_tongue: Instead of AotH we must have a level 20 WC (sun duration) in our library. We need to add up Base40 WC levels, so if the 4 of us know it at level 10 (+2 magnitudes for Sun), we reach the number, and we can add up to 4 extra magi to the casting of the level 20 aegis.

Xavi

Here's a deal for you. (Limited time offer! Too good to pass up! Call us now! :wink: )

As your magus is not constrained by the timeline like Halancar's is, just have him pass his Gauntlet about 3 years before saga start. Then we'll arrange for him to learn the Aegis of the Hearth post-Gauntlet (and possibly Ritual Communion as well if you want). Just make sure he has the Arts to learn the spell(s).

If you agree to this, don't go into what he learns during those three years yet. We'll discuss that once he's finalized at the time of his Gauntlet.

I do have a little leeway left, but that's true, the problem with House Tytalus having two Primus starts in 1198, and I need several years of apprenticeship after that. Wouldn't help with the ReVi problem anyway, I don't have the Arts for it.

An interesting point: in 1210, Helgoland was probably (it certainly was in 1231) part of Denmark, which might technically make it part of the Novgorod Tribunal (see GotF p.4, third column, and p.90, the discussion regarding the covenant of Heorot, canonically funded in 1215). Denmark itself houses no covenant in 1210, and as far as I know never did.

I'm sure that if this ever came up officially when our covenant will break its isolation, it will create a most magnificent political row, with accusation of poaching territory between Tribunals. Particularly since if we were to join the Novgorod Tribunal it would with one stroke put the whole of Scandinavia squarely in the Novgorod Tribunal...

It is one of the few things that will give the covenant some leverage if it wants to be officially recognized by the Rhine Tribunal.

On the other hand, it means that if they ever want to bring a complaint against another magus (or covenant), it will be harder to do so. If you go to the Rhine Tribunal meeting, you may not be recognized. On the other hand, the Novgorod Tribunal meeting takes place over a thousand miles away. So getting there might be a tad difficult.

IIRC heorot is not yet there but will be in a few years. Place of grendel's story. They had this same problem, and in thedescription of that covenant it is left undfined as a story hook. A good one at it. We can also try to align with the people wanting to create a low countries tribunal (leaders are the people of triamore, so it will be good as a negotiating tool for library access). We will see :slight_smile:

I will take that offer! Where s the phone number to call? I har already integrated those spells in the character (thank you, skilled parens) but will have a more rounded character with what you suggest.

Cheers, xavi

Enviat des del meu MT6515M usant Tapatalk 2

I would note that the attitude of the existing covenants may be different than what is depicted in the various sourcebooks, as a result of the different social context that is the base of this saga.

Heorot does not exist, and is unlikely to be established because of that. In fact, any covenant that would have been established in the last 30 years probably doesn't exist in this saga.

It makes sense for the character, whose pater promotes change, to have spent some time preparing the creation of the covenant. AotH is an important tool for that.

Do you still need a fourth player? If so I'm still interested.

We have a tentative fourth player in iPixie. It's just that I had kind of missed his latest post about his character concept. I just answered it now, so I'll give him a day or two to answer.

Ok I thought you had another one but then I only saw three characters so I thought I might ask.

Bearlord mentioned Wadenzee in his character concept. I would like to voice my sympathy to have the covenant around. Maybe they are outcasts lie us, but in general I like them as a really powerful story hook. They can be enemies (pirates, fighters against our encroachment, cargo raiders, plain murderers...) or allies fighting against the established covenants. I think having them arounbd as well as Occulus septentrionalis (and maybe a coastal covenant in Loch Leglean? Maybe the Orkneys?) can make for some tension in the North Sea, and tension is great for stories :slight_smile: I am aiming to develop into a shipwright myself in the medium term, so this would fit my character concept.

Just my 2c. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Xavi

I also think Waddenzee is very good as an antagonist to our covenant and that's why I thought I would take them either as personal Enemies or the object of a major Hatred flaw due to some vendetta with my character or his parens.

As long as they don't find out about us too early. They could probably sink our covenant before it really got going otherwise (and by sink I mean literally :smiley: ).

True so if I end up with them as Enemies or a strong Hatred against them I need to keep a very low profile for a while not to draw attention towards us.

An alternative is that we try to get them as allies as Xavi proposed but I think we are pretty close to them geographically so if they learn about our location they might be interested in our vis sources etc.

Relationship with Waddenzee will probably be negative, as they have the pirate mentality. They may not raid you directly, since that would be against the Code, but they are not known for being soft-hearted. They raid merchant ships in the area. If you happen to be on one of those ships, well... they may stop their attack if they become aware of your presence. Or not.

On the other hand, if a ship that belongs to you is simply lost at sea with all the magical supplies it was bringing you, well, that must just have been normal pirates. :smiling_imp:

Oh my, this is just now registering... four magi, and I'm the only one who doesn't take animal shape.

Well, since Muto is probably going to stay my best technique, sooner or later I'll learn how to cast the animal shape spells. Then all we'll be missing is a Lycanthrope to cover all the options for changing into an animal :slight_smile:

For future reference, a site listing Frisian names:

sudewyn.nl/english/frisiannames.htm

Strange that Japik is not in that list. I found it on another site with Frisian names. Jabik is on this one. Local dialects I guess :slight_smile:

It's there. Left side is girls', left side is boys'.

Ah got it. It's a huge list of a rather small language.