OOC General Discussions

Things got a little hectic at the end of last week, so I was unable to complete the Chapter 2 introductory post.

And since I have some urgent things to do at work this week, I won't be able to post much until Thursday-Friday. Sorry for the delay! :frowning:

No worries. I look forward to seeing what comes next.

Ditto.

Workload has been even heavier than I expected this week, so I won't be posting today or tomorrow.

I'll try to post something this weekend (I'm at home for a change), but I make no promises. :wink:

Don't worry I'm kinda busy too anyway.

Chapter 2 is coming soon. I was able to write most of the introductory post today. Just need to finish and review it, probably tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay. Work load continues to be heavy these days. Will post something today.

Currently on vacation for the holidays, but not on my computer much. Don't expect much posting from me until January 5th, although I may be able to do some sporadic short messages from my phone.

At home with a bad cough, feeling like a truck hit me. Will probably be a couple of days before I post.

My preferred medicine is rum grog, it doesn't cure cough but you don't care any longer about it :wink:

Unfortunately, rum grog hasn't been on the menu to treat my pneumonia. But the antibiotics are doing their job and I'm getting better.

I should be able to post something soon. Perhaps even today. :smiley:

Just thought I'd remind you that the ibis cannot swim, as discussed here, so that if the eruption occurs in water too deep to wade into, Renatus won't be able to approach sufficiently to gather the vis. He might be able to cast the spell while flying, but that requires concentration rolls as well as casting without gestures.

That's a safe reminder, still with Lungs of the Fish (MuAq 20, Au) and Clear Sight of the Naiad (InAq 5) we agreed I can "move clumsily" I assume not well enough to gather vis from your comment ?

Guess your character will have to try it out to determine how well it will work. :laughing:

That's one of the reasons I brought it up in-character. I have a player in another saga (which I am closing down) who might be interested in joining. So I'm kind of setting the table for that, as well as getting your characters to discuss how many people that see as possibly living at the chapter house.

Could you maybe create a new dicelog on hamete virtual dice server so that we can roll there and stop messing with Exar's saga rolls, I could do it but this is maybe better if you're admin there and not me ?

Honestly, I don't care at all whether you use an online diceroller or another method to make your dice rolls (including the good old plastic ten-sider). I trust my players to be honest with their rolls, just like you trust me to make hidden rolls for you all.

But to simplify things, I opened the dice log 550 on Hamete for the saga.

Emelric and Trogdor, if you want to use the same service, just send me your email addresses by PM so I can add you to the dice log.

I use CoyoteCode dice roller (http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/), which is nice because it gives you the roll in URL format to put into your post.

That works for me also. :slight_smile:

Taking each suggestions at a time, here are my comments:

• Sight-range vis detection spell: The range would still be limited by the mundane line of sight, so fog would still hinder how far you'd be able to detect the vis. It would still help during the day for the individual affected by the spell (though if it can be cast on the grog keeping watch, it would need R:Touch and T:Sight).
  • Intellego Ignem to make the flame visible: Same as the Sight-range visdetection spell.
  • Intellego Auram to make the fog non-hindering: There is a spell that does that, True Sight of the Air (InAu 15, ArM5 p.127). There's a good chance that Fengheld has a lab text for this spell in the library.
  • Watch tower on the manor for a greater line of sight: Would increase the range of sight, though fog would still hinder the watchman or vis harvester.
  • Spell to see the heat of the flame: Again, fog would still cut down the range of sight.