OOC: PrePlay discussion

Now I'm confused. I think it is you who do not want essential traits. You buy a virtue called Essential Virtue ( because it is the only way to get an essential trait):

So you would either have a Essential Trait that positively effects rolls associated with a characteristic in certain situations OR you get a personality Trait that can not be effected by magic. You seem to have chosen the former as you wanted the +6 to a roll. So you get +6 to all communication rolls that have to do with books.

Not needed unless jebrick decides it somehow has an extra 30 to magic resistance. Eve has a base casting score of 31. Plus a standard aura brings it to 34. 20 pawns of vis adds 40 to the penetration. Jane has an indefinite connection to the spirit and a penetration (terram) of 3 for a +15 bonus. In addition a simple die has a minimum role of 1. That means the final penetration is 34+40+15+1-30=60.Roll one=2 That's a penetration of 61. And a roll of 1 for 60 pen. Note: the spirit is not in the magic realm when summoned so the maximum magic resistance is 40. If it was in the magic realm the spell would fail outright since the arcane connection would be interrupted.

Right now I'm trying to get more of the Oppidum together ( as well as do my work i get paid for) so I am not spending much time on the magi and associated characters. I appreciate the troupe looking at and asking questions. You should be doing that and ask tough questions. This also means that when I'm comfortable with the story set-up I will be looking at the characters. please do not take it as consent if I have not made a comment on a character in several weeks. And do not get mad when I ask questions that you may have considered answered a long time ago.

I would like to see a complete character sheet for the magi with spells and items. I need a sheet for finished familiars as well. i will be setting up the campaign on Obsidian Portal to use as the game wiki.

Please think about background and how it matches with virtues and flaws. I will poke that a lot as it helps in making stories.

This is going to be one of the flaws of the character creation I went with. If you have built up the vis then you can spend it. But I will check to see that you did have 15 pawns of vis per spell when you made it.

I can always cast it later. I did have 60 vis total, 20 to buy a longevity ritual, 20 to cast each spell.

Yes you can. that is why there are decisions to be made based on the resources you have. As i said. i will go over all the character sheets later but that does not stop others from poking them.

Unseen porter is... very oddly put together. It seems to imply that it can move a pouch of coins, yet that would be an animal rego spell. Or have a base of two more for metal. Hmm, actually the rego co might be a better method regardless. I might have a bit more trouble with carrying stuff, but I do have those wonderful spont spirits. I think I'll actually go with the rego co. Might have to change some forms around though, meh, I wasn't using mentum anyway.

Edit: Looking at the corpus guidelines, and unseen porter, I think what I want to do would require a couple more magnitudes dedicated to "more speed and power!". Going to rework spells now.

Sorry that I droped out without any future comment.
After It took me 1 day to think over how I best handle the change I needed to do with my character one of my coworker sudenly ended up in hospital.
So not only I have to cover up for him in work time but also I can't any more work from home what add 1h single way to work each day.
But more important this left me without the rule books trough ~12h each day 6days a week right now till he is back what means its sadly became imposible for me to follow up with this game.
So thanks for trying to help me but my char best stay locked.
I wish you all a lot of fun with this game.

Unseen Porter does say it needs casting requisites of the Form of the Target. Interestingly, if you look at the description of the Form of Terram on p.79, it says : "This Form concerns solids, especially earth and stone." Aquam and Auram have similar language regarding liquids and gas. And p.152 you have "Terram spells, in addition to covering earth, stone, clay, metal, and glass, can sometimes affect inanimate objects in general."

People just tend to read the specific guidelines and forget it, but yes, Terram is the form for manipulating solid objects in general. You'll need casting requisites, but this is the right Form.

As for the six feet limitation, that's just a limitation of that specific spell, although if you look at the ReCo guidelines for analogies, moving something in the air rather than just along the ground does take a higher base.

I would have a harder time seeing a ReTe as a flight spell ( 100s of feet in the air) vs a ReCo. You are riding on something. You can be knocked off. It can be destroyed.

I would limit the maximum height of such a spell and the speed.

So, apparently the covenant comes without any vis source, and we are responsible for adding them with our quota of build points ?

I think that the idea is that there are some sources around. They might require facing off against creatures. In other words, vis hunts will be part of the stories/responsibilities of the members of the oppida.

We could always do elemental mass creation and slaughter. What could possibly go wrong? /munckin-mode.

Yeah, that seems an oversight. It mentions vis sources to harvest, but doesn't have any. Plus this is Transylvania, it should be vis rich.

It has several. I just have not listed them in the charter. i will add them if I can tonight.

Ah that makes sense. On a side note, how much does Eve's personal vis source produce?

Describe it.

Deriving from a mystery, it represents Eve's attunement with emanations of the Magic Realm. Her body collects and focuses these resulting in Vim vis building up in her body.

So she cuts off a finger when she wants to get the vis?

Probably transfers it out in the lab. She's one of those vis containers that doesn't crumple into dust when it gets taken out.

Try to be more descriptive. It is not normal to be aligned with the magic realm for humans. Does her nails grow faster than normal. does her hair start turning white at the ends and work back. does she have to collect tears. any of these could add to Eve to make her more than a set of numbers within a rule system.