ooc

Maybe it is to you. I find it entirely normal. I assume there is like a standard lab setup procedure. Following that procedure leads to a standard lab, if the room is the right size. If not, some of it is empty. Adapting your lab to a bigger room requires skill (magic theory) and time.

To be clearer, it just doesn't seem the way that the rules from Covenants are laid out.

More specifically, making Empty into a minor flaw (instead of a free one) would technically mean that it frees up space for another virtue to be installed. The flaw is supposed to represent an excess of unused size.

There is also the fact that having it apply for every point of unused size is twice as severe as what is stated in Covenants (which is "apply it once for every 2 full points of unused Size.")

The point of having a larger lab is to be able to install additional virtues without having to refine it. It also makes it possible for a magus to install additional virtues without having to raise his Magic Theory score. If a larger lab starts with additional flaws that the magus must refine away by spending seasons, then that extra size represents a liability instead of an asset.

This seems to double the cost of installing virtues into a large lab, as the magus first need to spend a season get rid of the Empty flaw, then another one installing the new virtue. It also makes it very costly for the covenant to have unused lab space.

Or maybe I'm just not understanding you right. That happens. :confused:

I've put up a few pages on the wiki, like the summary of the seasonal activities (to help coordination) and the stats for Cornelius (as an example). I'll keep adding stuff there whenever I have some time.

The twins have a fever. This may slow my posting for a day or two.

Am I going insane, I recall having discussion about changing The Chirurgeon's Healing Touch into the circle spell but the comments have disappeared.

Were they deleted or am I literally imagining things.

There was a discussion about this indeed, you're not insane. Not sure where's it's gone.

https://forum.atlas-games.com/t/development-bastion-of-bonisagus/11069/2
I've also seen there that you have spare time to invent a small CrCo spell in your second season inventing the Healing circle. Don't waste it !

I deleted it, becaus eit was in the development thread and didn't belong there. Only after did I realize that I could have moved it ( :cry: ). Anyway, if you want to affect multiple targets with a circle healing spell, take group as a target. Otherwise, only one peson will be affected.

All but qpa-cat have written their seasons. I'm going to try and make sens eof them. Then, I'll calculate how many labs have been set up and how much running them will cost.
I will also update the library.

Righto, however is Circle not a valid target substitute for group in certain situations, particularly this one?

If that's your final ruling though I'll probably change the spell I develop.

Just so you know, I put a summary of the seasonal plans on the wiki. The page is called Seasonal Activities and is listed at the bottom of the main page. I haven't added Bastion's seasons yet, but I'll do that as soon as I have the time. Or anyone else can do it if they have the time. :wink:

this wiki is invaluable (which, strange language English, is NOT the opposite of valuable). Structured and all. Plus it doesn't hurt to doubecheck my fumblings :laughing:

I noticed the way you did the finding new Vis sources with Kevin, would that roll be improved by relevant area lore?

Not 1:1. But some bonus would be appropriate. Sure. Vis sources will get harder and harder to find (because it is easier to find the easy-to-find-ones), but skills like magic lore, fairie lore or area lore will help. Ideally, you'd point it out when you go looking ("My character combines his knowledge of Area Lore (3) and Magic Lore (5) to find new sources of vis").

Sounds good

You can trade spells for lab texts. Prices may vary - common items are probably cheaper.

About the wiki...

I see that only Crawfs has created a user. I encourage everyone to create an account. This will make it easier to edit any page you want on the wiki. This will also allow me to close the further creation of user, in order to avoid someone inviting themselves to the wiki.

The main page has links to pretty much everything. You can create sub-pages (see Cornelius) to keep things organized.

Have fun! The wiki is for everyone to edit and improve. :smiley:

Created account, my daughter AND my wife are both ill :confused: I won't post a lot in the next few days.

Life! I actually had more time to post because of kids who are ill (and slept most of the day). And then there is this pesky little birthday party this weekend.

Well played sir. Well played. Although a question: what book is Bastion referring to? St. Avery is Bonisagus, not Tytalus, which is what it sounds like Bastion is talking about.

Uh, I assumed Avery is catholic right? He's referring to the Bible.