His pastries have miraculous properties +1[sup]1[/sup]

[sup]1 - Faerie Glamour[/sup]

COMBAT

Dodge: Init: -2, Attack: --, Defense: +5, Damage: --
Fist: Init: -2, Attack: +4, Defense: +4, Damage: 0
Kick: Init: -3, Attack: +4, Defense: +3, Damage: +3
Soak:1
Fatigue levels: OK, 0, -1, -3, -5, Unconscious
Wound Penalties: -1 (1-4), -3 (5-8), -5 (9-12), Incapacitated (13-16), Dead (17+)
Encumbrance: 0

ABILITIES

[tableborder][tr][th]Ability[/th] [th]Specialty[/th] [th]Value[/th] [th]XP[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Athletics[/td] [td][center]2[/center][/td] [td]grace[/td] [td][center]15[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Awareness[/td] [td][center]2[/center][/td] [td]alertness[/td] [td][center]15[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Bargain[/td] [td][center]1[/center][/td] [td]food/raw materials[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Brawl[/td] [td][center]2[/center][/td] [td]dodge[/td] [td][center]15[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Carouse[/td] [td][center]2[/center][/td] [td]staying sober[/td] [td][center]15[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Charm[/td] [td][center]4[/center][/td] [td]charming the ladies[/td] [td][center]15[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Craft: Baker[/td] [td][center]6+2[/center][/td] [td]pastries[/td] [td][center]105[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Craft: Cook[/td] [td][center]4+2[/center][/td] [td]desserts[/td] [td][center]50[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Etiquette[/td] [td][center]3[/center][/td] [td]faerie[/td] [td][center]30[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Faerie Lore[/td] [td][center]4[/center][/td] [td]types of faeries[/td] [td][center]50[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Folk Ken[/td] [td][center]3[/center][/td] [td]faeries[/td] [td][center]30[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Guile[/td] [td][center]2[/center][/td] [td]lying to authority[/td] [td][center]15[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Intrigue[/td] [td][center]2[/center][/td] [td]among servants[/td] [td][center]15[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Legerdemain[/td] [td][center]2[/center][/td] [td]parlor tricks[/td] [td][center]15[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Living Language: Italian[/td] [td][center]5[/center][/td] [td]telling stories[/td] [td][center]0 (+75)[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Music[/td] [td][center]2[/center][/td] [td]singing[/td] [td][center]15[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Stealth[/td] [td][center]2[/center][/td] [td]sneaking[/td] [td][center]15[/center][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Swim[/td] [td][center]2[/center][/td] [td]looking graceful[/td] [td][center]15[/center][/td][/tr][/tableborder]
EQUIPMENT
A fine pack
A spare set of fine clothes
An apron

BACKGROUND
When Oren was a babe, he was taken by one of the fey to be raised in the Realm of Faerie as a servant. There he stayed for nearly thirty years, being trained to bake all sorts of marvelous things for the faeries he served. A short time ago he performed a great service for his master and was granted a boon. Oren asked that he be allowed to travel to the land of his birth and live with humans again. Such was his service to his master that the request was granted. Oren was given leave to exit the Realm of Faerie and return to the mortal world.

Unfortunately, Oren's return has not been without its bumps. Having been raised in the Realm of Faerie, Oren knows little of the mortal world. He seems strange to many, and has gotten himself in trouble a few times for saying the wrong thing. Still, he's remained upbeat. He knows he has his skills as a baker to keep him going. And he's thrilled to finally see the land of his birth.

Because of his time in Faerie, and a steady diet of faerie food, Oren has grown up looking extraordinarily attractive for a human. His eyes have also developed the ability to see that which is hidden.

Oren knows Italian because that was what his parents spoke and it's what he always heard when the faeries spoke.

ADVANCEMENT

[size=150]1221[/size]

Spring:
Summer:
Autumn:
Winter:

Okay, here's an idea for a baker. He's such a good baker because his recipes are all from faerie. Right now he's a fish out of water, having lived almost all his life in Faerie.

Because his background had him living in Faerie, I gave him 11 Faerie Warping Points, figuring that he'd have picked some up along the way. That gives him a Faerie Warping Score of 1, which gives him a minor Glamour. I said that he's gained the reputation that his pastries have miraculous powers. People want them as much because they think that they'll cure them of their ills, make someone fall in love with them, or give them good luck as because they taste good.

Please let me know if that's okay.

how is this glamour a hinderance?
I think faerie background would fit this concept as well, and is a free virtue.

I was trying to think of something that might be a minor hindrance. I thought that if people were pestering him for his goods, trying to snatch them from the kitchen, etc. that it might be a minor hindrance. It's sort of like the way a saint might have found it a hindrance that people thought they could be healed by touching the hem of his cloak. You constantly have people trying to get near you to touch you.

That having been said, if you don't think it's enough of a hindrance, I can change it. Do you have any thoughts as to something that might fit?

I'm also open to suggestions about Faerie Sympathies.

I was thinking maybe Bread +1, given his vocation, and Cold -1 because he's always been in the kitchen near ovens. But then Cold may not be a real limitation on Malta.

Any other ideas?

That is fine as a hinderance/glamour
cold would be fine- it may not be a common issue on Malta, but bread is a fairly narrow positive sympathy as well.

you have charm at 4 with 15 xp listed...

Drat. I must have raised it and forgotten to add the cost.

How about I drop Folk Ken to 2 to get 15 points and drop Charm to 3?

also carefree and raised by faeries are both personality flaws, a grog should only have one...

Hmm, I must have mixed it up with one of the General Faerie skills. I'll drop Carefree and add Ability Block: Martial (he's a lover, not a fighter!)

he already has an ability in brawl, and as the flaw description says he must be possible for the character to learn the abilities blocked, so no.

Drat, you're right. I missed that. The xp in Brawl shouldn't matter, since that's a General Skill. But since he doesn't have Warrior or the like, he can't buy Martial skills.

How about Low Tolerance instead? He's lived a life of little trauma and has never built up any tolerance for pain.

That works.