Original Research Ideas

I'd not allow it but in a special campaign anything goes.
What Base level and Form?

This looks verrry much like a Wizard's Twilight with succeeding comprehension roll.

No need to research very much here. Just invent a lightweight (2 Warping points) version of The Enigma's Gift, and learn sufficient Enigmatic Wisdom.

Cheers

I never considered that option, but in fact it is a nice way to have a desparate way to dodge something. Also, if you use Twilight, it has enough "built-in" safety mechanism that it avoid being broken:

• you always incure atleast 2 Warp points
  • you can only go forward in time
  • you cannot act as you are going forward in time

Of course, what really happen is that you are entering a deep region of the Magical realm, but for all purposes, it looks like time-travel.

No. Not with hermetic magic anyway.
And to be perfectly honest, I prefer it that wasy.

[sup][/sup]

Well... I just skipped forward about six weeks and read the next issue of Sub Rosa. It may well have just what you're looking for.

I see what you did there.

Give the magi a scribe skill & they would be able to create books from our era by way of using that and time magic!

Actually, it's a direct Lesser Limit that the past and future can not be directly acted upon or observed through Hermetic magic. Good thought though!

maybe if they got a non-hermatic wizards to help with the time viewing?

Just summon the ghost of Christmas Future.

Time travel requires exotic matter. I'm not sure if Exotic Magic counts...

what if they aren't available?

If one has sufficient penetration they are available.

Abe is back.

Personally: giving the gift is my new breakthrough goal. Apparently according to alpha SG, there will be 3 versions: minor, major and hermetic.. I'm starting with minor! Let's make all mundanes get the gift, and now, there will be no more "interaction with mundane" issue, and no more "those are not under our watch" declarations against the Church and the Kings.
Or not.
Anyway, it's fun to search.

Let me guess: the minor will be Magical Air but can learn Supernatural Abilities. In the first village tested, half the population will kill the others. The survivors will beg the Church to save them from that malediction. :laughing:

To be fair, I've seen more out of Abe lately than I've seen out of you.

And I don't think "giving every mundane ever the Gift" would be a Minor breakthrough. :unamused: It would, however, be totally hilarious.

I think the idea of giving everyone the gift of magic would probably scare the begebers out of everybody!

Definitely, there'd be lots of turbulence. :laughing:

Let's talk about something else now.

Oh it is no wonder since i did a hiatus from that time eating game for a good 1 year.

But if that doesn't please you, well too bad ^^.

It is nothing really wonderful. It doesn't change anything in the magic theory, only creating a new guideline. Per definition it could be a minor breakthrough.
The gift is no minor, nor major virtue, nor flaw; it's a special virtue which is out of the scope. It's not a new arcane ability or the breaking of a lesser limit (I mean, no more that giving +1 to a characteristic is a breaking of the limit of essentiel nature and we know that work)

Personnaly I really don't care since it will be the same for my magus. I will look until the moment I have a "perfect" way to achieve the goal. Maybe SG won't consider that as achievable and I only will have imperfect versions (but better as I upgrade to major and hermetic), but in any case, I will do something which will give my ambitious major flaw fuel for its fire.

I think the fact you see giving the gift as a major point in the game is of no relevance to its difficulty to be achieved. That's why breakthrough exists: change the game. Otherwise, they are irrelevant and we can play with the RAW.

I guess so. I already have a lot of crow control spells due to my elementalist virtue, so if I have to create big stones walled prisons to make them find reason, I will consider it. But it will be fun to try.
I have specifically a lot of children to try it on!

Thanks to this thread, I already decided that after giving the gift, it will be "turn the gift into gentle gift". Good thinking folks!