Original Research Ideas

If you skipped forward six weeks, can you tell me how well the Ars Magica/Mage:The Ascension/Transhuman Space mashup featuring time travel went down at Grand Tribunal? And did I finish writing a new game in time or did I rerun something from a previous year?(knowing this would help me know if it's worth putting hours of writing inn.)

Anyone ever do money based magic?

I'm hesitant to ask, but define money based, abe?

Money in the context of the time we're talking wasn't actually that common. At least in terms of readily available coinage.

Money based as in magic that actually alters money into local currency or higher currency.

Well, I for one loved it. Especially the bit with the unicorn. I did not see that coming. Or the special hat you had to go with it.

See this reference.

So if you talk about banknote, it would be either Animalem or Herbam to create/transform. With high finess roll considering the complexity. Or even Imaginem would suffice for up to moon duration.
Obviously, if it is about coins, it's Terram. Refer to the Corebook guidelines to convert silver to gold or lead to gold.
Considering that a simple CrTe 20 ritual will give your enough gold/silver to create inflation why bother with the other spells though.

new illusion magic maybe?

Incantation.

The ability to chain spells one after another to produce a powerful and complex effect. The concept would be that "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts"... Or if you want also "spell combos". An incantation would be a ritual-like effect that takes a number of formulaic spells which share a certain synergy between each other and casts them in a particular order that makes use of said synergy.

A very cool but also very freakingly overpowered example that comes to mind would be triple-chaining the Pilum of Fire with itself, for a massive boost to penetration. Instead of casting each spell once per turn, the mage would take thee turns to perform the incantation, which would result on each spell having three times their original penetration. Which would result in turn in obscene Parma devastation.

Yes I said it's overpowered. But c'mon, it's just a raw idea. It just needs to get polished, lol.

Compare to ritual/ceremonial which adds AL/Philosophiae and takes 5-60 minutes.

And to ReVi tunneling and maintaining.

Cheers

An idea for research purposes is magical crossbreeding!

A "Permanent" spell duration, which would constitute a Hermetic breakthrough, allowing permanent Creo magic without vis. There'd be many disadvantages, though, beyond the sheer magnitude of work required for a Hermetic Breakthrough. The duration itself would be one level higher than Year. In addition, the item would be permanently magical, and thus resisted by Parma. And Perdo Vim magic could break the effect, destroying the item. Finally, long-term use of the item (let alone, say, eating or drinking it) might cause Warping.

Target (toys )?
I don't remember what sort of toys existed during medieval times exepit dolls, sorry.
However toys seem like a viable target to me,do you?

No.

You already have that in Individual, Group and other targets depending on which toys you want to affect. Structure, for example, would affect all the toys in said house.

What if they were in the open?

Entilzha already told you.

ok!