Orphan Mary

Current Sheet
Name: Mary
Personality Traits: Curious+3, Devious+1, Rule Breaker+1
Characteristics (Before Age mods): Com+4, Int+4, Per-2, Pre+1, Str-2, Dex+2, Sta+0, Qik+0
Virtues: Good Teacher, Great Com, Great Int, Orphan
Flaws: Curious, Raised in the Gutter, Infernal Stigmatic

Abilities:
Italian 5 (Prayers)
Arabic 3 (Prayers)
Church Lore 3 (Petitioning)
Stealth 2 (Getting Away)
Teaching 2 (Children)
Intrigue 2 (Petty Squabbles)
Legerdemain 2 (filching)
Guile 2 (Getting out of trouble)
Folk Ken 1 (Potential Employees)

Personality:
Mary is an intelligent and intelligent, if troublesome, girl living at the orphanage. She convinces other orphans of generally silliness, filches small objects, and gets where she isn't supposed to be. She's getting better at convincing members of the church hierarchy that she didn't do it, or she somehow can't be blamed. And its getting worse as she gets older. Its becoming clear this is in large part because of boredom to the leaders of the orphanage. Finally, if as to compound the damage she's teaching the younger kids her ways. Its a headache. The priest has concluded that it would be best to focus her on productive areas because he believes if she has something challenging enough to work at she'll expend her effort on that instead of trouble. Ideal hands and something about the devil. But girls generally aren't accepted as apprentices and so far the ones he can find probably would leave her board and troublesome.

But she could become a physician or a nurse and the hospital setting up nearby might be persuaded to take her. Then she could do good instead of corrupting her peers. Win win.

Paphos, is this someone you would accept? Or would they have to try a snow job to get her in the door?

Starting Sheet

Name: Mary
Personality Traits: Curious+3, Devious+1, Rule Breaker+1
Characteristics (Before Age mods): Com+4, Int+4, Per-2, Pre+1, Str-2, Dex+0, Sta+0, Qik+0
Virtues: Good Teacher, Great Com, Great Int, Orphan
Flaws: Curious, Raised in the Gutter, Infernal Stigmatic

Abilities:
Italian 5 (Prayers)
Arabic 3 (Prayers)
Church Lore 3 (Petitioning)
Stealth 2 (Getting Away)
Teaching 2 (Children)
Intrigue 2 (Petty Squabbles)
Legerdemain 2 (filching)
Guile 2 (Getting out of trouble)

Personality:
Mary is an intelligent and intelligent, if troublesome, girl living at the orphanage. She convinces other orphans of generally silliness, filches small objects, and gets where she isn't supposed to be. She's getting better at convincing members of the church hierarchy that she didn't do it, or she somehow can't be blamed. And its getting worse as she gets older. Its becoming clear this is in large part because of boredom to the leaders of the orphanage. Finally, if as to compound the damage she's teaching the younger kids her ways. Its a headache. The priest has concluded that it would be best to focus her on productive areas because he believes if she has something challenging enough to work at she'll expend her effort on that instead of trouble. Ideal hands and something about the devil. But girls generally aren't accepted as apprentices and so far the ones he can find probably would leave her board and troublesome.

But she could become a physician or a nurse and the hospital setting up nearby might be persuaded to take her. Then she could do good instead of corrupting her peers. Win win.

Depends, what is infernal stigmatic, and does it show? If it shows, he's not gonna touch it with a ten foot pole. Otherwise the good teacher/good com combo is quite attractive. She'll be trained initially in Profession: Steward (we have a critical need of servants), but could easily transition to a teacher. Just about anyone at the covenant could learn/help with nursing at the hospital.

I like the character, she will probably reminds Antonius of him when he was a child too and he will probably take her under his wing.

If paphos mentions her to Antonius, he will probably ask him to bring her to the covenant.

Its from the book Grogs. Its wounds that show up in an Infernal Aura. My conception was spending too much time in a Church orphanage gets her extra hate from the Infernal Realm.

Looks like she's in then, pending Silveroak approval. She's still gonna be a servant, though.

she has 10 points in characteristics, where she Is allowed 7.

Math is hard. I swear one of these days I'll have too few xp or something. :confused:

Mary is done and in, moving from the orphanage to the covenant.

I've added 5 folk ken xp from the Journey to Mdina. Say something if that doesn't work.

That works

I know this is a bit late, and have in-game reason, but would you contemplate swapping good teacher for a magical virtue? I thin entrancement might work well, and would explain why demon would be interested in her (and that would synergize well with a high presence, if you are okay with reducing intelligence a bit.)

I plan on maybe adopting her regardless, but that would be problematic living in a 10 magical aura. I think this could lead to interesting stories.

Silveroak, QPAC, what is your opionion on this ?

Infernal stigmatic doesn't mean that a demon is interested in you. It is a flaw that would be perfectly appropriate to divine warping for example.

It could, but her background led me to believe it was more infernal in nature. I was mistaken, sorry.

Naw, it was supposed to represent being over exposed to priests/the Dominion while growing up.