Our Known Enemy/Enemies

There's a lot of discussion in different threads about opponent NPCs/groups, and I think it might be helpful to put them all under in one place, the better to create a tangled web of alliances and opponents for us to face.

I think it's be more interesting and playable if each of us who has an Enemy had a distinct person or group, but that they may have joined forces together. For example, Loucas originally envisioned a non-Gifted Mercere group/click/in-crowd as his Enemies, while Pythos picked Enemies developed when his investigation caused political problems leading to a Declaration of Wizard War.

And, although these aren't ennemies, Arachne has a Diabolic Past (I may change that to full ennemies when advancing, though)

One wonders if, what with all the Infernal encounters we've had, if anybody here has had dealings with beings from the Dominion.

(Hrm...and now I'm just trying to draw flowcharts with all the NPCs on it...)

Arachne has the Diabolic Past, an organization tied to Rassus and the Shadow Flambeau.

Loucas has the Traditionalist Redcaps as Enemies.

Pythos's Enemy is Quaesitor Punctuatus, who has perhaps spent too long fighting infernalism, like a cop who goes dirty while struggles to find Justice within the system. He's probably not demon-tainted, but he's definitely prone to some of the Seven Deadly. -- Perhaps we should rename him Donald Morgan? Or have that be his Birth Name.

Guillame doesn't have it as a story flaw, but has some history spent in Iberia during the Shadow Flambeau era. He has an ally named Queasitor Octavian of Tremere, who knows Pythos (and his pater).

Mercuria's history has a Suspicious Accident, which supposedly killed four apprentices and four magi. (Is this her Cabal Legacy or her Infamous Master?)

Vibria has a very short history, with few named characters in it at this point, and even fewer that interact with the others.

Carmen seems to have already killed most of her enemies.

(Carme blows on finger cocked like a pistol)

Carmen has not yet killed the SoB that trashed her home and took her daddy away from her.
:frowning:
Khyron is locked in a bottle (it should be somewhere around here, maybe).
Then there's that bitch that tore her dress in a catfight.
Um...
Her Mentor has a lot of complex schemes involving many different things, and he has enemies amongst the Flambeau and the Tytali. And he is an Archmagus, selected by his fellow Archmagi to be the Antares, leader of their war council. Her enemies are the enemies of the Order. She did eight years in Thule fighting in the troll-wars. None of that ties in here, so I never plotted those events on the table.
But it is a possible future hook :slight_smile:

(Carme blows on finger cocked like a pistol)

Carmen has not yet killed the SoB that trashed her home and took her daddy away from her.
:frowning:
Khyron is locked in a bottle (it should be somewhere around here, maybe).
Then there's that bitch that tore her dress in a catfight.
Um...
Her Mentor has a lot of complex schemes involving many different things, and he has enemies amongst the Flambeau and the Tytali. And he is an Archmagus, selected by his fellow Archmagi to be the Antares, leader of their war council. Her enemies are the enemies of the Order. She did eight years in Thule fighting in the troll-wars. None of that ties in here, so I never plotted those events on the table.
But it is a possible future hook :slight_smile:

That's her Infamous Master. Because of that incident, she also knows a Quaesitor at Magvillus, who helped her find another parens. I named him Tiro, but he could be anybody that was involved in the Hermetic university. I assume he's a secret member of the Cult of Mercury, and that he's part of the group that will have "government jobs" for us occasionally.

I don't know if Octavian is still around...

While he doesn't have it as a story flaw, his personality is such that if more Shadow Flambeaux show up or if he needs to act as a Hoplite, he'll have enemies quite quickly. They're just not actively hunting him at this point.

Also, Arcachne worked closely with a a quaesitor, Dorika Guernici, and a Jerbiton, Clarisse, on all kind of missions. Both were killed recently, and arachne barely survived (although their attackers perished too, at least those send after them)