Parma, that favorite topic...

Another little MR quandry I'd like people's opinion on ...

A magus uses a CrCo spell to increase the strength of a grog, who then attempts to punch a faerie.

I assume that the presence of the magical effect will mean that the spell would have to penetrate the faerie's Might. Otherwise the punch causes no damage.

The grog, tires quickly of trying to punch the faerie, picks up a mundane sword and tries to hit it.

I'm guessing that the sword will strike the faerie (it's mundane after all) and the increased strength will increase the damage?

Or, unless the spell effect penetrates the faerie's Might - the sword does no damage. Because the increased strength is a magical effect, the mundane sword is stopped at point of contact with the faerie causing no damage at all (a bit like a ReTe to hurl a stone - the stone merely brushes the Magus, causing no damage).

... which of these interpretations (if either) is correct?

I imagine that the if the spell were a muto corpus to give the grog stronger muscles that the magical muscles would produce mundane force thus the sword’s motion (and the fist’s motion) would both be non-magical and their motion would not be stopped.

If the muto corpus spell is target individual then the grog’s hands would be magical and they would be stopped.

If the magus made the spell one magnitude higher and targeted only the grog’s back, legs, and arms up to the wrists then the grog would be able to punch the faerie without penetrating the faerie’s MR.

Going beyond muto (I know you didn’t ask):

If the grog was wearing some sort of an environmentally triggered rego corpus item that multiplied the force of the Grog’s swings and punches, then all of the motion sword or fist would be magical and resisted.

If the grog was using some sort of Intellego corpus device to see where the faerie’s weak points were or predict how they would move then the grog’s attacks would not be resisted but the intellego effect would be.

An active creo effect to perfect the grog’s body would be resisted similarly to a muto effect but creo effects are often momentary rituals which do not leave magic behind and would therefore not be resisted.

Assume that the effect is a non-ritual one - so an active magical effect.

I accept that would be the interpretation if the grog was punching the faerie - but if the grog picks up a mundane sword and swings at it - would the sword be resisted because of the magical effect on the grog's strength?