PeCo base 40 : destroy a property of human: weight -> fly?

Thank you. I knew i had read something like that somewhere. (i dont have A&A myself, and not much access to it currently either)

And if one's weight is Pe'd then, Pe being complete destruction, one is absolutely light so it's up, up and away.

Destroying the weight of a person is destroying the element of earth component of the body ,
which causes a person to fall in a straight line towards the sphere of earth below.
The element of water is not destroyed , and being greater than the elements of fire and air ,
means that the Perdo-ed person will fall towards the nearest large body of water.

:mrgreen: :laughing:

I would make it Muto myself.

You really want to have fun, are you destroying gravitational weight or inertial weight?

You mean weight or mass i presume? I think that by RAW/canon the paradigm doesnt really make a difference between them.

The thing is that weight and inertia had to have been understood and as it was thought that heavy objects fall faster there is no reason to think that they would equate inertia with weight. They might not have had their formal Newtonian definitions, but the idea that heavy objects are harder to accelerate is very clear especially once you start making siege machinery.

My point was that RAW wont actually differentiate between mass and weight.

Would the trajectory of the subject not be affected by their mood? Wouldn't a person of a firey disposition be more inclined to go upwards?

There is a difference between mass and weight as shown inthe spell:

Hauberk of subline lightness. It destroys the weight of the item but not the mass so there is still a load of 1 to reflect mass.

Since there is still a mass, it would not float away but person would easily be able to be pulled or carried (hawk familiar carrying you along?)

Is it really to reflect mass or is it to reflect size?

And it will still make your movement a bit more effortful by having less flexibility and more internal friction than cloth. (Which properties are part of how it provides protection so should not be spelled away.)

Yes and? The question wasnt regarding movement but about how wether weight and mass is used as different things and if a spell to destroy someones weight also includes effective mass.

And the point of Load is not reflect weight or mass in some quantitative way but to determine how much a particular piece of kit contributes to the character's fatigue and hinders movement - so if a weightless hauberk still has a Load of 1 all that tells us is that it causes some difficulty to the wearer.

That was pretty much my point yes.