Personal and Group

Hmm,

I don't think that the appropriate Ind target is a wound but a person. Guideline specifies number of wounds, if any. If a single wound were targeted, it would be Part, right? So the idea of healing a Group of Wounds doesn't make sense to me, unless I'm missing something. Which happens.

Anyway,

Ken

I think that's why the multiple-wound guidelines exist. It allow you to separate the wounds from the targets more easily as you have described. I've always used it how you've said, and with these guidelines existing I don't see a good reason to read it another way.

Target circle makes the entire discussion moot with regards to efficiency but here's how I see it:

The base 15,20,25,and 30 guidelines say heal a [severity] wound. I take that as meaning that the wound is the target. If Cindy the grog has suffered three light wounds she can't heal them all with a single casting of chirurgeon's healing touch, this matches the spell description.

It seems to me that, Racoon Mask's range personal target group healing spells are just fine, but pretty much always less efficient than using the level 25 guideline from HoH: Societates.

One could cast a target group healing spell (range greater than personal) on a clearly defined group of wounds that are spread across multiple individuals more efficiently than casting Gentle Caress of Asclepius (the spell from Societates that uses the level 25 guideline with a Target of Individual) on each one of the wounded individuals, but if you'd cast Circle of Asclepius then you'd be better than either.

What about those ?

Changing my hairstyle
MuCo 5
R:Personal, D: Sun, T: Group
Change up to ten strands of hair into any other colour than their actual one. The fact it affects hair only assures the Maga it will not change her skin. Kerridwen of Merinita likes to change her appearance according to the season, wearing green in spring, orange in fall...
(Base 2 "change someone to give them a minor ability", Sun +2, Group +1)

It may be Part, though...

The Chariot's Wheels which swallow the impediments
MuHe(Te) 15
R:Personal, D: Sun, T: Group
Change the shape and sturdiness of all the four wheels of a chariot, making them able to resist any mundane obstacle. That spell must be cast upon a chariot made of wood (and a few metal parts like nails and hoops). Kerridwen of Merinita uses that spell for enchanted chariots so that the vehicles don't break.
(Base 4 "Change a plant or item made from plant product into metal or stone, with Terram requisite", Sun +2, Group +1)

It may be "Target: Part" too but can a Part affect all the four wheels at a time ?

Might a spell cast upon herself affect a Maga's familiar too, if it is Personal+Group ?

Unless the magus is a chariot that spell does not make sense.
Also I don't think hairs need to be targeted individually, nor would a change in hair color necessitate a change in skin color.

Hi,

Not sure if the Base guideline is correct. Group is +2. I'd use Part, not Group, unless the hairs are not part of the target, as in changing 10 hairs that have been plucked, in which case, Group lets you change as many hairs as you like, up to a 10*weight of Ind, which is a lot of hair.

Can do similarly with MuIm.

I'm not sure what "resist any mundane obstacle" means, but I'm pretty sure that it's utterly inappropriate, at least with the specified guideline. Falling off a cliff or ramming into said cliff seems mundane to me, for example.

So it should 'resist' the way a metal or stone wheel would. Of course, once you change the wheels into metal or stone, the wheels will also behave like metal or stone wheels, right? A chariot with stone wheels is not going to go very far or fast. Just saying.

And Personal doesn't make much sense here.

Sure. Although one might argue that 4 wheels also make a fine Group, being sufficiently distinct from the vehicle itself. I'd accept either one, preferring Part.

Personal+Group is not valid, RAW, per previous recent conversation. (I'd allow it though.)

Anyway,

Ken

If you enchant a chariot with a Personal spell, wouldn’t it make more sense ?

Yes more sense than as a spell, but you could do the enchantment as range personal target part and not have to worry about breaking the restriction for targets on range personal spells and effects.

No, you couldn't.

The caster him-/herself cannot be the target of this spell (unless, perhaps, if previously transformed into a chariot), so this is not a alid R: Personal spell.
Effect? Yes, in an enchanted device. But not actually a spell.