Plant-based Teleportation?

I'm trying to figure out how to create a spell that allows the maga to teleport by walking into one tree and out another. The base sounds like Rego Corpus, and it would likely have an Herbam requisite, but where to go from there. I'm seeing the spell as allowing travel to any other tree in the same forest.

Thanks,
Brian

Gift of the Dryad's Walk
ReCo(He) 25

Allow's you to travel from & to any tree that you know within the same forest. Should the tree that you target as a destination be cut down or dammaged, the spell fails.

Forest (name) Lore indicates your familiarity with the forest & your ease to teleport yourself through the forest.

Amenius of Merinita loved to run after Dryads under the full moon. He often bragged about the times where he was actually able to catch up one of them.

(Base 10, Boundary +3, Mom +0, Ind +0, Rq free)

Thanks, William. Actually, the character I'm looking at has Strong Faerie Blood with a Dryad as an ancestor. Exactly what I was looking for.

25 seems low, I'd think it'd be closer to the levels of 7 league stride or leap of home coming

Well, as a DM, I would limit it's use thru the Forest Knowledge as per GoF.

Ex.
Black Forest Lore 0 Spell fizzles / Could be Dangerous
Black Forest Lore 1: You know of a gret oak tree that has agreed to give you passage through the forest from one point to another
Black Forest Lore 2: You know a few safe heavens within the forest to which you can teleport to
Black Forest Lore 3: You can teleport yourself through the forest freely
Black Forest Lore 5: Your ease to flow though the forest rivals that of the of the Dryads.

W

I have a problem with the Boundary target. It just doesn't make sense: you aren't trying to transport a whole area. And that would be a ritual, anyway.

I think that using the "teleport to arcane connection range" guideline would be the most appropriate here. Then you can start tweaking by, say, adding the Herbam, Forest Lore skill and Dryad faerie blood requisites to substitute for the actual arcane connection.

True & Interesting.

I didn't double check the book but ain't there a guideline for something that resembles boundary?

Level 30 is arcane connection I think, level 25 would be/could be Boundary like.

Gift of the Dryad's Walk
ReCo(He) 30

Allow's you to travel from & to any tree that you know within the same forest. Should the tree that you target as a destination be cut down or dammaged, the spell fails.

Forest (name) Lore indicates your familiarity with the forest & your ease to teleport yourself through the forest.

Amenius of Merinita loved to run after Dryads under the full moon. He often bragged about the times where he was actually able to catch up one of them.

(Base 25, Touch+1, Mom +0, Ind +0, Rq free)

Or the altenete version that will work for one particular forest from which the blood comes from.

Gift of the Dryad's Walk
ReCo(He) 35

(Base 30, Touch+1, Mom +0, Ind +0, Rq free)

Hmmm.. I really need to look again for ReCo guidelines :stuck_out_tongue:

adding the Herbam, Forest Lore skill and Dryad faerie blood requisites to substitute for the actual arcane connection.[< I really like the way this sounds. Looks like a very interesting effect.

W