Play by Google Wave campaign

Would anyone be interested in a play-by-google-wave campaign? It's been a while since I've played ArM, so I'm a bit rusty, but this seems like a good way to get back into the swing of things.

PM if interested. I still have some additional invites, so if you're up for PbGW, but don't have an acc't it shouldn't be a problem. I would love to have someone with more experience as the storyguide...

Sure, I'd be interested. Which bot you using for dice, Random Lee?

I haven't gotten that far yet. Which would you recommend?

Random Lee looks to be the best so far. It actually has code supporting botch die and such.

I'm rkorde@googlewave.com. We have one other person who said he was interested, and I've sent him an invite. But I think we need one or two more for a good saga. I'll try to see if I can drum up some interest.

I'm very interested, but what sort of story are you looking to tell?

I can try to drum up some interest in an ARM5 game on wave.

I suspect it'll be a very character heavy and 'adventure' light campaign, given that wave seems more or less designed for the "long, sprawling debates" that Magi have :stuck_out_tongue:

I'm happy to do either character heavy/adventure light or the other way around. It's been a long time since I've played, and I'd like to get back into it.

I don't have Google Wave yet, but I'd be happy to be involved in some capacity.

What's the difference between googlewave and this forum?

i received your invite but i am still trying to figure out google wave... are we supposed to find anything there at the moment?

Mostly nothing but a Die-Roller bot.

Real time collaboration (like instant messaging), all participants can simultaneously edit any post, and it supports scripting, pictures, etc. There are now lots videos on the web showing it in action.

Okay, that rules me out, since I am from Germany and we have CET. Thanks for the answer anyway!

Not necessarily. It also works like email, and it has a playback feature so that participants can review the history of conversation's development. Here is the short demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itc4253kjhw

Curse you google wave people. Ever consider OpenRPG or IRC instead? ;D

I'm hoping that someone will figure out how to embed wave in openrgp. I actually have been using maptools (which is terrific). How does openrpg differ?

Mmm, Maptools is actually probably a bit better from a technical standpoint.

OpenRPG is a bit more user friendly, and has the advantage of populated lobbies for servers as well as passwordable rooms.

If you have room and are going to use Maptools (or a google wave invite ;D), send me a IM or e-mail, I'd love to join.

I'm pretty new to the whole Google Wave thing, but I'd certainly be interested in trying it out...I'm patrick.murphy.phd@googlewave.com

Cheers,
Patrick