Podcast news

The transcripts for January - March 2022 are up at WordPress.com

1 Like

I hope people enjoyed Fragment Week. It looks like my added space to podcast is a permanent thing, so, there's more material in the months ahead.

The current runsheet is as follows. Bold items are already complete and loaded on timers. Asterisks are monsters. Note that, yes, in late may you do get hours and hours of Lucian. It's my sixth anniversary of doing this podcast that week, and I really wanted to do it.
M5: The troubadour *
M12: Venice - The Company of the Calza
M19 Cellini breaks out of the papal jail
M26 Six Years
M27: Lucian - True Story Part 1
M28: Lucian - True Story Part 2
J2 Demon of Grief * / Cats of Venice
J9 Magonomia - Alchemists in Chaucer 1
J16 Cellini swears he didn't shoot at the Cardinal.
J23 - City of Dreadful Night 1
J30 - City of Dreadful Night 2
J7 Beth Gelert - Folk saint *
J14: Venice - The Jewish Ghetto
J21 Cellini's wounds are tended by the angelic host
J28 Magonomia - Alchemists in Chaucer 1
A4 The Witch of Atlas *
A18 Cellini gets poisoned like a prince
S1: The White Witch *
S15 Cellini swears his statue is not haunted and annoys the king's primary mistress
O6: Our Ladies of Death *
O20: Celinni in Paris
N3: Insomnia Demons *
N17 Cellini and the Birth of Perseus
D22: Cellini faces Renaissance medicine

Somewhere in here are the Magonomia Bestiary KS episodes
The Laidly Worm of Spidlestone Heugh
Grim, King of the Ghosts
Malkins
The Two Sisters
Kenidjack
Satyrs, Beer, and Lions
Herne's Oak from Shakespeare was going to be part of this, and is written, but I think I'll pull it from this sequence, as I'm working on two more (Unicorn and Basilisk). It may make its way back via a later Fragment Week.

In the long term, the replacement for Celinni is likely to be "The Discoverie of Witches".

1 Like

Hi all, I have COVID and my brain is not working, but my podcast plan needs to be fed content, so here are the upcoming episodes.

Please be aware the quarterly scripts will be delayed until my brain recovers. See below for an example of me being unable to do simple proofreading now.

Bold items are recorded and loaded on release timers. Plain items are written, but not recorded.

J14: Longevity potions discussed in the works of Francis Bacon
J21 Cellini's wounds are tended by the angelic host
J28 Magonomia - Do you know Mr Stow?
A4 The Witch of Atlas *
A11 Swiatek the beggar - an early werewolf story. This is Seabury Quinn's version, not Sabine Baring-Gould's. This has been slipped in because my concentration is shot and the way my podcast plan works, something needs to go here.
A18 Cellini gets poisoned like a prince
A25 Magic Mirror Murders - In my notes this is down as "Magic mirror minors" and the actual file seems to be called "Magic mirror members". This is what's convinced me I can't proofread to save myself at the moment. It's a serial killer pretending to be a magician. Power level closer to Magonomia than Ars Magica, but still good for a one shot or grog only story.
S15 Cellini swears his statue is not haunted and annoys the king's primary mistress
S22 Magonomia - Haunted Homes 1 - in which I pick through "Haunted homes and family traditions of Great Britain" for ghosts Elizabethan and earlier. Again, Covid brain rambly warning.
S29 - Magonomia Haunted Homes 2.
O6: Our Ladies of Death *
O20: Celinni in Paris
O25: The Dark Pool - brief piece for Halloween week.
O26: The Dance of Death by Flaubert - ditto
O27 - The folktale Poe borrowed for the Masque of the Red Death - ditto
N3: Insomnia Demons *
N17 Cellini and the Birth of Perseus
D22: Cellini faces Renaissance medicine

Somewhere in here are the Magonomia Bestiary KS episodes
The Laidly Worm of Spidlestone Heugh
Grim, King of the Ghosts
Malkins
The Two Sisters
Kenidjack
Satyrs, Beer, and Lions

Herne's Oak from Shakespeare was going to be part of this, and is written, but I think I'll pull it from this sequence, as I'm working on three more (Unicorn, Basilisk and Urban Wisp). It may make its way back via a later Fragment Week.

I'm really loving the poetry of Madison Caewin at the moment, and several of his are being prepped for an episode. One of his matches up well with Herne.

In the long term, the replacement for Celinni is likely to be "The Discoverie of Witches".

3 Likes

Hi,

Covid delayed this, but these are the transcripts for April to mid-August this year.

2 Likes

Podcast news

So things are a bit weird in the near future. Imagine if you will, dear reader, that I've had to do a month's worth of episodes while hopped up on painkillers for COVID, and then lost a week to influenza. That's the September episodes. Then the Magonomia Bestiary Kickstarter landed in Halloween week, so I moved those episodes into the spare week I had, also in September. September's going to be really, really odd.

Then we get to October, which starts normally, and then kicks off a two-episode per week thing for five weeks, to back the Bestiary.

So, the runsheet looks like this. Bold items are recorded and uploaded on timers, but I may not yet have written the accompanying notes to the blog.

This is where the Halloween week stuff landed. I topped and tailed it with fresh material to explain why it's out of its time sequence, so it is six short and one quite long, episodes. Basically it's moody poetry that could bit literal in game for the most part.
S2 Herne's Oak
S3 Fata Morgana
S4 The Dark Pool
S5 The folktale Poe borrowed for the Masque of the Red Death
S6: The Dance of Death by Flaubert**
S7: Gloramone by Madison Cawein**
S8: The Ghost-ship by Richard Middleton

S15 Cellini in Paris
S22 Magonomia - Haunted Homes 1 - in which I pick through "Haunted homes and family traditions of Great Britain" for ghosts Elizabethan and earlier. Again, Covid brain ramble warning.
S29 - Magonomia Haunted Homes 2. Covid brain - I distantly recall spending a lot of time saying I'm on the side of the Screaming Skull.
O6: Our Ladies of Death * A variant on the witches of the Suspira de Profundis.
O13: Haunted Homes 3 I was having so much fun doing Haunted Homes 2 that I did another right away. I have no idea at all what's in it. Seriously. None. I hope its a pleasant surprise for all of us.
O20: Celinni swears his statue is not haunted and Cellini offends the king's mistress were originally prepared as two episodes, but they are short, so they are both going live this day.

This is where we hit the Magonomia bit:
O25: The laidly toad
O28: Grim, King of the Ghosts
N1: Malkins
N3: Two sisters (Eala)
N8: Kenidjack the demon umpire
N10 Satyrs, beer and lions
N15 The street cry of the afanc egg seller
N17 Second thoughts on urban wisps Accidentally went live this week.
(There should be two more here. Probably basilisks and unicorns)
D1: Insomnia Angels
D15: Celinni and the fiery birth of Perseus
D22: The dong with a luminous nose by Edward Lear. I did The Two Gentlemen as a Spell effect last year and so it's almost a tradition.
J19: Celinni faces Renaissance Medicine. This ends the Celinni material.

The Ars Magica monster stats continue to lag terribly, but Andrew was paying me solid cash to write monsters for him, so you can, I hope, see why that had to be a priority. 8)

1 Like

I've prepared these early, so I have the decks clear for the Magonomia Kickstarter.

1 Like