Podcast news

Hi,

The backers files have been edited to rework something. Basically the Urban Diana Cult and Isaic Cult at Saint Zachary's have been made two parts of the same thing, like the greater and lesser Eleusinian Mysteries. I've added in a beat I laid down a while ago in Hedge Magic. The Lady of the Game there and the Dogaressa In Stone are Aspects of the same being, which is why there's a nightwalker battle above Saint Mark's Square regularly. These give me the three elements of Elesuian Mysteries (Descent / Search / Rise and making Norea explicitly a Divine emanation buried in Faerie before the Titanomachy lets me simplify everything, Realm-wise.

1 Like

Eleusinian Mysteries in Venice? Shouldn't that be in Thebes? Or are you working on several projects?

Even the original mysteries had multiple cult centres, but yes, that's a simplification. I'm using the Lycosuran Mysteries, really.

1 Like

Podcast News:

This weekend two episodes went live, well three if you could last week;s which was delayed.
Magonomia: Historical Witch Trials. This is the first of three monthly episodes. Basically I'm fishing for demons in legal records.
The Awful Bugaboo (a Gello variant)
Annual Report 2024: Time for Summer. This last one is basically my response to the Anno Magica and a discussion of my plans. Usually I put out an annual report in late May. Basically, it's all good but I'm doing an experiment with asking co-authors to contribute.

The following episodes are coming up.

May
9: Angela Black's Divine Methods and Powers. Games From Folktales welcomes its first guest author.
16: Venice update. Discusses the additions between Venice Draft Zero and the current document. May be swapped out as a bonus episode.
23: Goethe - The Bride of Corinth (very early vampire story from Ancient Greece)
30 Witch Stories - The Ghost and the Succubus (two extracts from court documents. Infernal ghost, demon.)
June
6 The Cranes of Ibycus from Friedrich Schiller (return of the Nubicuculian Birds from RoP:M)
20 Goethe - The Erl-king (a faerie psychopomp for children from Germany).
27 Witch stories - the headless bear and the lady on the plank (a demon and just a weird court case.)

Then there are a series of linked Goethe stories, one episode per month. The treasure seeker and the magicians apprentice (magicians), the seven sleepers and the castle on the mountain (regiones), the water-man and the false lover (predatory faeries), the minstrel and the king of Thule (plot hooks). Also I'm going to do the Cavalier's Choice, but I haven't found a pair for it. I may tie it to The Erl-King depending on how the writing on that one goes. I have the vague idea that I've already done The Riddles of King John in a previous episode so I can't quite tie it in yet.

3 Likes

That's fantastic news for the podcast's Patreon backers!