Poenitens of Jerbiton

I can certainly cover the vis for another casting.

How much Vis is it per casting? because if I also join we could do 3 casting with each of us pay for 1. (Although the timing might be a bit problematic as only the last 12 years or so my character is nearly permanent at the covenant, before he is mostly at other places.)

It should be 12 Cr or Co vis per casting.

I suspect that these high-powered spells will be late in the pre-game period.

In the Character development thread, it was noted that we will allow characters to take up to 6 years of academic study pre-Opening of arts, since apprentices are assigned at Tribunal. We also agreed that setting up labs does not require the magus' time. I've aged Poenitens two years (so that his Greek is a 6), and reduced the time setting up labs, putting more study into Cr & Co. Changes have been highlighted in [strike]strikeout[/strike] text.

Poenitens actually set up a lab twice - I had interpreted it that I had it in the mundane realm, then was given a chance to relocate it into the regio. The five seasons left account for the improvements made during that period (development years 16-30) finding a place with Idyllic Surroundings, Installing a Caudron, Pallet and a Greater Focus (Altar).

I'll probably make some adjustment to my build points and magic items since I have gained a better understanding of what Items of Quality can actually do.

Just so you know, they specifically call out in TSE that you can't write books in Classical Greek based on a default skill from Romaic Greek. They say that you have to actually have Classical Greek. So, even if your default level of Classical Greek is 5, you can't write a book unless you actually studied Classical Greek separately.

Game mechanics vs historical accuracy. Vernacular Greek really isn't written... at least surviving books are non existent. Uses a lot of loan words from various cultural influences. Much like Western Europe, one language for writing and education and another for speaking.

I think having a score of 6 works because the revitalization of the written 'ancient' was intentionally complicated grammatically, being a symbol of education. So taking vernacular to 6 works for reading and writing. But if say, you were writing a commentary on Euclid, you would want to be taken seriously so you would want the more complicated older one. Reading certain texts could be harder with the vernacular at a 6, but I'm not at all an expert.

So I just spent the same points. /shrug

Obviously, we can do whatever we want in the saga. But for general information, TSE notes:

I guess that doesn't specifically state that you can't get that fluency by having a Romaic Greek of 7 ...

Deleted

Poenitens has a Specialty in 'Archaic Forms' When he uses it, he gets a 7 in Romanic Greek, which means a 5 in Classical Greek.

"To write books in Classical Greek requires fluency in that language (a score of 5, ArM5, page 165) rather than Romaic Greek"
For my understanding this part of TSE say exactly that Romaic Greek no mater how high you have it is not enough to get fluency in Classical Greek and so write books in Classical Greek need 5 in Classical Greek it self.