[POSSIBLE SPOILER] Dies Irae - high lab totals

This can certainly work but I feel it is fairly easy to use this rule to exceed the bounds of good taste. You can get a lab bonus of 19 with three seasons work just as Silveroak suggests, but whether you want to have that sort of a thing in your setting is, for me at least, a different matter. Yes, we can easily exploit lots of different rules but this one jumps out at me (I don't presume to speak for others) as being moderately more painful to my suspension of disbelief than most.

Sigh No.

Time to re-read p. 101 of the core book.

Thus the bonus from knowing a similar level 60 spell is +12.
Knowing 2 similar spells of each level 60, is still +12, as you only get the bonus from a single spell.
Further inventing a level similar 70 spell is now a total +14, for a +2 advantage over the single level 60 spell.

Silveroak is talking about creating enchanted devices to improve laboratory specialization bonuses not getting a larger similar spells bonus (I think).

Possibly.
From his post, I couldn't tell.

Create an enchantment, not create a spell...

Somewhat OT, but I thought there was a limit of level 100 for spells. Is that just my imagination or is it something from previous editions?

There isn't any limit like that in 5E. There is a limit on formulaic spells, if their level calculation exceeds 50th level, they must be cast as rituals.

Before this forum thread starts to get misunderstood:

Its subject, DI p.31 box, describes a lab task with extremely vast resources in a unique situation, with some limitations imposed by that situation.

Read The End of Time from DI at your own risk, knowing that you will not be able to play that specific campaign afterwards.
But until you have read it, don't speculate. And best avoid references to

Cheers