Pre-play Discussion

Well, you can play a rabbi grog in Bibracte, since one is coming with Abaigael.

And there's nothing to say he couldn't be a companion over there. I wasn't wild about the Mythic Companion that was shaping up...

I'm just thinking the rp between Talia and the rabbi is going to be...amusing.

"You did what to your manhood?"

"Want to visit my holy land?"

Also, don't forget that you get a discount on your languages for Linguist - 20% off.

25%, you mean...

Hebrew 5 would be 75 points, but with the Linguist it would be 60. So, add 25% to what you spend, or get a 20% off of the cost for the level, works out the same either way. Just easier for me to do the discount during chargen, and then add the 25% for post-creation spending.

Ahh, ok, you're doing the MC version of the virtue. I generally prefer the way MC handles it, because you don't get odd rounding results.

Speaking of which...numbers round to the nearest whole, and ½ rounds up. So if you get a Study Total of 11, that's increased to 13¾, which rounds to 14. Study Total of 9 is increased to 11¼, which rounds down to 11. ST of 10 increases to 12½, which rounds up to 13.

That's exactly what I hate about the RAW.

It is so much simpler if the experience points remain constant, and instead the affinity or relevant virtue lowers the threshold for changing the ability score.

This is probably something I need to review for mention in Bibracte, that I'm using the MC method, rather than RAW. Then I don't have to worry about rounding, nor do the players...

Does it make sense to have the Spell Mastery Ability options above as distinct abilities?
Have a spell like Repel the Wooden Shafts and a character has the following mastery ability scores
RtWS-Fast Casting -1 (5)
RtWS-Quick Casting - 3 (30)
RtWS-Multiple Casting - 2 (15)

That's a total of 50 xp which is not inconsiderable. To get the same level with RtWS Mastery ability as RAW would be a total ability score of 6, which would be 105 xp, so yes, there is a pretty big benefit to this change. At the same time, it allows a narrow focus along an area, but a relatively easy way to pick up some side knowledge

How this would work for FM, is that the individual will get one ability score for free, as normal. Their xp doubling allows them to spread among all known mastery abilities.

I dunno, just thinking out-loud

Question for those who don't, as near as I can tell, have Companions yet (which is ladyphoenix, darkwing, and The Fixer...which actually sounds like a pretty awesome Champions group, now that I think about it): any of you want to take JeanMichelle's companion Lucky Wodin Whoreson, the pirate? I like the character,and I'd hate to see him go to waste. If not, no big deal.

Unless I've missed something, I'm still missing covenant build points from Jonathan.Link, qcipher, ladyphoenix, and The Fixer, and personal build points from Jonathan.Link, ladyphoenix, and The Fixer.

I'm going to get the intro/meet-and-greet/getting settled thread started tomorrow afternoon.

You have my points:

[url]catnip & garlic]

The 44 additional ones are here:
https://forum.atlas-games.com/t/new-herbam-and-other-spells/157/1

I'll describe the sources after a bit. Or they can be added to sources others have already described.

I see the 291, but you all got another 44 build points to play with after JeanMichelle retired – that's the one's I'm not seeing yet.

Okay, got it.

First thread is up. Apologies for the substandard quality (at least by my standards)...in a perfect world (as in I was writing for pay) this would only be the first draft.

Oh Ok, yeah I missed the extra points. I won't have access to my books until tuesday, I'll defer those points to anyone else or the GM if that moves things along.

That's fine, get them up when you can. Once I get all the active players' covenant points, I'll finalize the covenant and get the final tallies up. I'm hoping to get the rest of ladyphoenix's build points, soon, too. nudgenudge