Prelude for Torros of Jerbiton

Because he doesn’t feel to be in danger, at least not too much danger, Torros decides not to give away his gold to easy.
Before he is starting to open the package on the Mule the tries to spot what is moving the bushes. Using his awareness he searches for creatures or maybe ropes that move the bush.
(OCC his awareness specialty is searching. Hopefully this applies.)

Hans and Franz will also look around to see who is trying to rob them.
Hans who is always quite direct (subtle -2) will set up his weapons. Preparing to throw his throwing axe, and then continue with axe and shield.

While Franz is not the bravest he simply starts to pray.

Torros tries to leave the bag with the gold in the package and grab just a hand full of peaces leaving the rest inside the package. Before he pulls out the few pieces of gold he managed to grab he wants to do something against the fact that one of the creatures can smell gold.

(OCC: To destroy an objects ability to affect smell is base 3. In case Torros wants to destroy the smell of the remaining gold he would need the target group. Correct?
Would it be possible to change the smell of the remaining gold without target group? In case the smell of the gold is one individual Torros could try to spontaneously cast a MuIm Spell changing the smell of the gold inside the package to the smell of leather. Does Torros think this is practicable?
His CT would be 9 without Aura and penalties for leaving the gold inside the package.)

(OOC: I've rolled Awareness for you already. The description I gave you is based on that roll.)

(OOC: Note that Torros is acting as if he is about to give the creature their gold, not fight, so it is probably hard for Hans to know that he should prepare to fight. He didn't have his weapon and shield in hand, as this is a cumbersome way to travel. HIs he preparing them now, which could easily be contrued as an agressive action by the creatures? Remember that he doesn't have Premonitions himself, so he doesn't get that sense that they may not be in danger.)

(OOC: Note also that they may actually be in danger, despite what Torros feels. Premonitions is based on a roll, and sometimes the roll is bad...)

(OOC: Ideally, he'd need to be able to cast the spell without gestures and voice, to prevent the creature(s) from noticing what he's doing, and that would give him a -15 penalty. Even soft voice and subtle gestures would give a -7 penalty. Considering his relatively low total in PeIm, he just mighe be able to pull it off on a lucky roll with Base 3, +1 Touch, +1 Diameter (at least), but at a minimum he'd loose one Fatigue level.)

Looking around, Franz turns a little pales as his gaze moves back and forth between the brown-capped fellow ahead of them to the rustling brush beside them. Strange creatures and movement in the brush was not something he was used to. He has no desire to see Torros lose his gold. But he also has no desire to be killed by very off highwaymen.

One Hand it would be wise to give the gold away. On the other Hand Torros doesn´t feel he is in danger. Maybe his feelings (premonitions) are wrong and he and his Fellows are actually in danger. Who knows?
Why do we only see one Creature? And the continuously moving bushes let Torros think the creature(s) are not that many as they pretend to be. Torros is not willing to give away a significant part of his wealth to one small grumpy creature and his moving bushes.
Well he could be wrong and this could be fatal.

We will know that very soon.

As Torros realizes that he would not be able to put a spell on his gold he changes his plan. He takes out a few paces of gold and showing them around by lifting his hand high above his head. Then he places the gold one pace in front of Hans on the ground.
“I´m Torros Ex Jerbiton If you want my gold come and get it!”
Then he whispers to Hans: “Lets´ try to take a hostage if they come to steal the gold”

Franz lets out a yelp at this exclamation and crouches down, his hands covering his head. He expects trouble, but isn't really equipped to handle it.

"Ye hear him boys!" The smallish creature says loudly, before finishing with a yell, "HAVE AT THEM!" With that, projectiles begin to rain down on the small group from the bushes. Fist-sized objects, flying in lazy arcs towards Hans and Torros, numbering at least half a dozen.

“Forwards! Grapple him!”
Torros is sprinting forwards and tries to grapple the creature.
He really hopes Hans follows him. :open_mouth:

(I need defense rolls for Torros and Hans. Each is targeted by three projectiles, but I only need a single defense roll per character. Note that Hans' shield is on his back, so it shouldn't count into his total.)

(After that has been resolved, you can make a Brawl roll against the creature before Torros. Hans will need a round before he can get there, provided he is not engaged by the creatures hiding in the bushes.)

Defence Torros: Doge (4) + die (2) = 6
roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=97572

Defence Hans: Doge (3) * die (9) = 11

coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=97573

Hans only gets hit by a single projectile and manages to dodge another. The aim of the third one is so bad that you hear a sound from the brush on the other side, "How! Hey, careful over there!"

Torros, meanwhile, is hit by all thre projectiles. One is a rock that hits him on the shoulder. It hurts, but doesn't hit hard enough to cause any lasting damage, just a bruise. The other two projectiles that hit Torros, as well as the one hitting Hans, bursts on impact. Splashing both men with... well, it certainly smells like fresh excrements...

Yuck! Thas disgusting!
Hopefully Torros gets a change for revenge.
He tries to grapple the creature in front of him.

Brawl (3) + Die (9) = 12
coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=97577

[strike](Initiative roll needed also)[/strike]

The creature backpedals with an expression of panic as Torros charges him, reflexively swinging his large club as he does so. The club connects with a meaty sound with Torros' thigh, causing a severe bruise that makes Torros stumble. Still the young magus manages to get his hands on the creature for a moment, before it twists away.

Initiative roll : 0+ die (5) =5
coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=97579

(Sorry, changed my post to move things forward. Pretty much the same as I got.)

If Torros get a change to stop him he will so. If neccessary with a Mightiy torrent of water.
Does Torros has a wound that hinders him?

No problem :slight_smile: Good Idea to keep things moving.

(Yep, a simple Light Wound.)
(You are still in melee range with the creature. You can cast a spell next round if you want, or keep engaging him in Brawl.)
(What does Hans do?)

Franz continues to hide under his hands, completely out of his element and frankly in no small part afraid.

(Lol. Are you sure you don't want to also take control of Hans?)

(I can take control of Hans. I actually took control of Franz right before the fighting started. I'd thought there was still room for talk at that point. :slight_smile: )