Prochorus' grogs

Alruna

[to be biggened some]
A daughter of an Oculus Septentrionalis grog, was allowed to train as a shield grog when they realized that she notices everything, which is a useful quality in a shield grog, particularly in a bustling city. Often poses as a servant of the magus she is guarding.

Characteristics: Int -1, Per +3, Pre -2, Com 0, Str 0, Sta +1, Dex +1, Qik +2
Size: 0
Age: 28 (28), Height: 165 cm, Weight: 65 kg, Gender: Female
Decrepitude: 0
Warping Score: 0 (0)

Virtues and Flaws: Covenfolk, Keen Vision (Sight: +3), Warrior (50/50), Puissant Awareness, Compassionate, No Sense of Direction, Disfigured (bald)

Personality:
Soft-hearted +3
Independent +2
Brave +2
Loyal to magi +1

Combat:
Dodge: Init: +1, Attack --, Defense +7, Damage --
Dagger: Init: +1, Attack +9, Defense +8, Damage +3
Sword, Short: Init: +1, Attack +10, Defense +9, Damage +5
Fist: Init: +1, Attack +6, Defense +7, Damage +0
Kick: Init: +0, Attack +6, Defense +6, Damage +3
Soak: +3

Fatigue levels: OK, 0, -1, -3, -5, Unconscious
Wound Penalties: -1 (1-5), -3 (6-10), -5 (11-15), Incapacitated (16-20), Dead (21+)

Abilities: Low German 5 (Saxon), Carouse 2 (staying sober), Guile 3 (hide identity), Athletics 3 (acrobatics), Awareness 5+2 (bodyguarding), Etiquette 2 (hermetic), Area Lore: North Sea 3 (port cities), Area Lore: Helgeland 1 [7] (dangers), Area Lore: Lübeck 2 (Oculus Septentrionalis), Folk Ken 4 (anticipating attack), Single Weapon 5 (Sword, Long), Brawl 5 (Dagger), Stealth 2 (shadowing), Swim 2 (sea)

Equipment: Partial Metal Reinforced Leather Armor (Soak: 3) (Soak: 3; Protection: 2)

Encumbrance: 2 (2)

XP:

From stories:

Yearly:
1210 12 xp: Area Lore: Helgeland 0 -> 1 (7)

Dietlinde

[to be biggened some]
A lowborn woman born near Lübeck, who has always felt like she was destined for more than a life as a seamstress. Was led to the magi by visions of destiny, and actively offered her services to Prochorus for the same reason. Loose lips, sometimes uses them to besmirch those she envies, but good at explaining things; was used by the covenant to teach new servants the basics. Has a knack for finding things using her metal pendulum. Was sometimes used in this capacity by the covenant, on occasions when the magi couldn't be bothered themselves.

Characteristics: Int +1, Per +2, Pre 0, Com +3, Str 0, Sta -2, Dex +1, Qik -1
Size: 0
Age: 25 (25), Height: 165 cm, Weight: 90 kg, Gender: Female
Decrepitude: 0
Warping Score: 0 (0)

Virtues and Flaws: Dowsing, Gossip, Good Teacher, Covenfolk, Visions, Obese (Fatigue: -3) [Movement: -1 on quickness and grace rolls], Envious
Personality Traits: Curious +2, Loyal +2, Envious +3, Gregarious +3
Reputations: Gossip (Lübeck) 3, Dowser (Lübeck) 2

Combat:
Dodge: Init: -1, Attack --, Defense -1, Damage --
Fist: Init: -1, Attack +1, Defense -1, Damage +0
Kick: Init: -2, Attack +1, Defense -2, Damage +3
Soak: -2
Fatigue levels: OK, 0, -1, -3, -5, Unconscious

Wound Penalties: -1 (1-5), -3 (6-10), -5 (11-15), Incapacitated (16-20), Dead (21+)

Abilities: Low German 5 (Saxon), Profession: Seamstress 5 (Fixing clothes), Housemaid 3 (Cleaning), Carouse 2 (drinking songs), Charm 2 (first impressions), Area Lore: Lübeck 2 (Oculus Septentrionalis), Area lore: Helgeland (Meden town) 0 [4] Etiquette 1 (magi), Folk Ken 3 (townsfolk), Dowsing 5 (base metal), Guile 2 (besmirching), Leadership (hirelings) 1 [7], Teaching 3 (servants), Bargain 3 (household goods), Awareness 2 (searching)

Equipment:
Sewing kit
Servant's clothes
Metal pendulum

Encumbrance: 0 (0)

XP:

Yearly:
1210 12 xp: Leadership 0 -> 1 (7)

From stories:
Summer 12010: Wayward Inn, 4 to Area lore: Helgeland

Nice. My only concern is that a longsword is not the most discrete weapon to carry around if you are pretending to be a regular, God fearing city dweller. Maybe a short sword would be better suited for the task? And when they ar eout of the city does she use a shield? Apart from that weaponry detail, she is cool. Super perception! :smiley: A really useful feature that tends to be (pardon the pun) overlooked.

You're right about the sword and shield, of course - I already edited out the shield before you posted upon realizing that, but I'll switch the weapon as well.

With her score in Brawl, a dagger would serve quite well in a city, or even a knife.

Yep, combat totals for dagger seem to be missing.

Now that I look at it, soft hearted in a shield grog? Quite a feature! "Sorry, I didn't intend to rip your guts out of your body. Oh, pardon me for cracking your skull!" :laughing:

Xavi

Yeah, I tried to make Arthur's life easier in terms of finding things for Prochorus' difficult underlings flaw to do :slight_smile:

Fixed Alruna's weapon things, added Dietlinde the mystical seamstress gossip.

May it be that you are not taking into account your specialization with the short sword? Looking at the short sword totals I come up with these:

Short sword (6) +3 +10 +9 +5

Cheers,
Xavi

Connwctimg from my phone so short posts only. My understanding of Soft Hearted is that she wouldn't raise her sword even for just practice for fear of hurting her sparring partner. So it is difficult to imagine that flaw for a fighting grog... Perhaps a different flaw could be used better to describe what you want.

Compassionate as a minor flaw perhaps ?

Switched the flaw to compassionate, fixed the sword stats (great catch, Xavi).

This is a call for Arthur but Visions is a story flaw and should usually not be taken for a grog.

Dang, you're right- it says "supernatural, story", so I missed that. What do you think, Arthur?

It can still work. Visions is thr Sg's bitch: a hook he can use to throw whatever he wants to us. The fact that a grog has it turns this into a covenant flaw

Enviat des del meu MT6515M usant Tapatalk 2

True and since none of the magi has it would work like that.

I can deal with the Visions flaw for Dietlinde, particularly since no other character has it. What realm is it (and dowsing) associated with?

Just to understand how Alruna's personality flaw will affect her behaviour, how would she react to the following situations?

• A beggar tries to pick her magus' pocket. Just as she is about to warn him away, she notices that he has a knife in his hand.
  • After a fight, one the the enemy combattants is gravelly wounded. Your magus simply wants to dispatch him and/or leave him there to die.
  • A poor woman is begging for money to feed her children. You have some money, but it belongs to your magus who asked you to purchase something with it for him.

Depends exactly on who is using her at the time, no? :slight_smile: A grog is a communal character after all.

For me it would be:

1. Knife beggar: Cut the bastard down once she sees the knife. Try to use non lethal force if possible. Subdue more than kill. If real danger towards the magus perceived, to hell with the bastard. She will be sorry if the guy is seriously hurt, specially if further investigation reveals that he was just trying to cut the purse. No knife, she would probably allow the guy to take the bag, bring him down and then try to convince the magus to give the guy some money or a loaf of bread.

2. Wonded enemy. She will not allow the magus to kill the guy in cold blood lightly, even if that starts an argument. She will certainly never be the one doing the act.

3. Try to bargain the price of the items she has to buy down. Give whatever she saves to the woman. But a little bit less and give the saving to the woman if she cannot reduce the price.

Still, fit people that try to engage them in combat are not worth of compassion, so they are fair game to receive a blade in their guts.

I think magic realm would be appropriate given her interest in magi.

Xavi pretty much nailed what I would answer the questions. Basically a kind person who tries to help others as best as she can, but also tries to fufil her duties insofar as these don't lead her to committing horrible atrocities.

I'm fine with it, just wanted to get a grasp on how you felt her duties as a grog would interact with the flaw. As it is minor flaw, it won't be crippling.